powder coating group buy for wheels

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
ISDC Club Member
powder coating group buy for wheels

as above, anybody interested stick your name down, for your four wheels done it will cost 300 euro, if we get ten sets of wheels.
we can do this before or after xmas if people like, deposit will be 100 euro, and you will have to drop off your wheels yourself and they can supply a service of taken your tyres off and re fitting them for 40 euro

no.1 DUFFMAN
no.2 keith555

edited as there was confusing over the fitting of tyres in the price, cheers

Re: powder coating group buy for wheels

id say we will go with tallaght powder coating alan

no colm, this was awhile back

is €300 expensive for 4 wheels? company in wexford doin it for €40 per wheel for matt finish and €50 per wheel for satin finish.

I though TPC was cheaper than that, I got 4 wheels done of them before for 250 and that wasn't a group deal at all and it wasn't in the reccession

[quote author=al-hks link=topic=19092.msg262742#msg262742 date=1267397889]
have u got a contact?

[/quote]no i have a set of 18" prodrive wheels that need a respray and thats the quote i got for them. they also do window tints and graphics.

I contacted CROSBIES the powder coating company in Wexford, heres the email i received

Howya Ken,

Thanks for the enquiry.

Normally the wheels would arrive here with tyres & valves removed. We would remove any weights.

Each wheel is then chemically striped & then grit blasted to remove any corrison.

Finally they are rubbed by hand before the base colour is applied & baked & finished with a clear lacquer which is also baked.

1 set ( of 4 ) costs € 200.00

5 sets ( of 4 ) costs € 950.00 ( NB ALL THE SAME COLOUR )

10 sets ( of 4 ) costs € 1850.00 ( NB ALL THE SAME COLOUR )

If not all the same colour they would cost the same as 1 set.

Thanks & regards,

I have no wheels that i want to get powder coated, and i have never heard either good or bad about the Company for powder coating , i do know they are well known and reputable, and are well established in the sign writing area, doing full Van wraps etc etc for a long long time, i have a few small bits that i will be giving them at some stage to get powder coated.

Nice one Ken that is a great price. Getting a few things powder coated myself in a few weeks. :thumbsup:

factor in running back and forward to wexford though!!!!
great prices IMO....

I factored that in mate.. only about 15mins from me. :multijump: happy days for me :icon_grin:
Yea it be a bitch for someone far away, but thats a problem with anywhere really, has to be far away for someone :doh:
As i said, i not getting wheels done, and i am not wanting to run the Group buy, just said i would ask the guy and post up reply incase any of yez wanted to take him up on offer :thumbsup:

Would those prices include fixing any kerbing do you know Ken? I'd definately be interested at those prices. :thumbsup:

as far as i know, they dont do repairs, just clean and paint or powder coat them, left in 2 Rocker covers today so will see what they turn out like

[quote author=KENC link=topic=19092.msg266037#msg266037 date=1268426295]
as far as i know, they dont do repairs, just clean and paint or powder coat them, left in 2 Rocker covers today so will see what they turn out like
[/quote]

Ken... did you ever get the powder coating done by Crosbies... keen to hear what they where like from a quality point of view as I have a set of wheels I want to get done.

Back