Dump Valve for 1.6??

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
Hi lads,

just wondering if there is anything that is available for MY02 1.6 that will sound exactly the same as a dump valve...im thinking theres not but thought id ask anyway.

Cheers all

Jonnie

i think there is something out there man, duno what it is tho..remember hearin somethin years ago before i had a turbo car that you could get a unit to mimick the sound

you can get a yolk that you put inside the tip of your exhaust, some sort of valve thingy that makes a woooshing sound when you leave off the accelarator....i know this coz a young fella up the road from me has one on his 98 fiesta ghia....

didnt want to get the one unit that mimicks the sound...or a tape recorder.. :lol: :lol:

thought there might have been something out there!!!

Think theres some electronic thing that you can get that sounds the same.Dont know how you connect but gives the pist when changing gear.cnut around here has one in a clio

Wouldnt wast me money though jonnie.Think car looks class at the moment.

Have one of them yokes that go in exhaust you can have.Gis a shout during the week and will try and dig out.Think there crap aswell

:smokin:

@ scoobyjoe, cheers for the link mate, knew about this but didnt wanna go down this route.

@ Carlo, ill give ye a txt during the week for that, see how it goes, nice one Carlo as always.

Jonnie

correct me if im wrong here but i thought unless you have a turbo anything you would get would be mimicking the sound. ie no turbo nothing to dump

[quote author=20vbzr link=topic=18906.msg231810#msg231810 date=1256601862]
correct me if im wrong here but i thought unless you have a turbo anything you would get would be mimicking the sound. ie no turbo nothing to dump
[/quote]

ya thats all you will be doing....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the cousin bought a kit for his and i fitted it for him... it had a speaker and switch for throttle... it was the worst sounding yoke cos it sounded like crow in pain

Cheers everyone for the replies.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Im gonna steer WELL clear of it, just a mad idea i had!!!! :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Think your right Scoobyke, gonna wait for the real thing. :thumbsup:

Back