Dumpvalve

Are you referring to the pigeon noise?
If so its not really the dump valve that causes it, its air pressure going back into the blades of the turbo, compressor stall its called!

Could be totally wrong but!!

Youtube the words sti dumpvalve to give you an idea what one your after and go from there
with after market dump valves i think most dump into the atmosphere so no harm to turbo
but to be honest im not that familiar with them apart from the ssqv is like a sharp whistel
and i think the turbo smart is more like the pigeon :dontknow: :thumbsup:

The older type HKS one usd to have a screw in the back of it that you could adjust the spring pressure,
if you got it right it made that type of noise you are referring too, (had it on a Glanza/Skyline)
however the new type HKS only has Fins that can be replaced, standard (silver), gold and purple,
I have them all and they dont make that noise!

This is the SSQV that Eli is on bout, this was it on my legacy (When I had it :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:), sound isint great but you get the idea

[quote author=JGARDE link=topic=18896.msg234410#msg234410 date=1257432949]
does anyone have a blitz bov heard they were bad for the car :dontknow:
[/quote]

Your better off with a hks one. I have heard that the spring gets stuck and causes the blitz bov to fail

the noise your after is the turbo stalling on closed throttle making the wastegate flutter ,it is usually masked by the airbox and ducting fitting an induction kit with a short pipe or preferably one that fits on to the maf housing directly will give the desired sound, also its even louder with no dumpvalve as the pressure in the system is not being vented to atmosphere and is kept in the system further enhancing the the wastgate flutter noise hope this helps :thumbsup: :subaru:

Back