undersealing

jackswagon

Middle Lane Hogs
just looking to find out if anyone knows of a place where i could get the underneath of my car sealed in or around the dublin area ?,

cheers , james :thumbsup:

Best doing your self....cheap and easy! All you need is a set of axle stands... a creeper and and some dinitrol or graveltex would do rightly!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=18856.msg231493#msg231493 date=1256465908]
Best doing your self....cheap and easy! All you need is a set of axle stands... a creeper and and some dinitrol or graveltex would do rightly!
[/quote]

heard it was such a messy job to do but starting to look like i ll have to do myself alright. thanks jamie

It's pretty messy alright! Make sure you jack car up on on side and steam clean the whole underside first as it's the dirtiest job to clean the underside by hand while lying underneath it. Loads of paper and masking tape to cover up all the bits you don't want to paint and your set. Schultz is filthy stuff to spray... but a lot of underseals in spray cans aren't as messy. Stay away from Hammerite underseal with Waxoyl in it... Nightmare and filthy stuff!

i undersealed my ae86 and found it easy enough if u just take your time. i used a wire brush to take off the main dirt and just paint it on. hammerite is grand stuff to use.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=18856.msg231970#msg231970 date=1256655834]
sorry for sounding like a noob, buy why would u want to underseal your car? :dontknow:
[/quote]

to protect the underside of your car from the elements that cause rot and rust

my car was lying up for quite a while and needs done so ive been told. found a guy local to where i work this morning , tad bit expensive but a full day work on it and some mess so rather a pro do it. was talking about pressurising the stuff to spray on and another can of stuff for filling the cavities so ill leave it with him in next week or two, cheers for the help guys :thumbsup:

Back