Intercooler for 95 STi

Yogi

Petrolheads
Was doing a bit of work on the engine bay of the wagon over the weekend and noticed that quite a bit of the intercooler has been flattened.

Can intercoolers be recored like a radiator?

If not, does anyone know where would be the best place to get one from and approx how much would I be looking at?

If anyone has a second hand one that's in very good / perfect knick I could be interested too. It's the one that sits at a slight angle, not parallel to the bulk head.

Cheers,
Yogi

you can put a version 6 on with custom bracket.. and blocking bolt on dump valve hole up and use your existing Y piece to leave your dump valve etc in place.. A well better intercooler.. best ye can do without going front mount or very expensive top mount..

56049-2.jpg

Cheers Dave. Not a huge job to do is it? Might talk to you up at the mapping session about the installation. If I pick one up first I can worry about fitting it then.
Must pass the fitting of that boost sensor job by you too. Wouldn't mind getting that fitted so I can adjust what boost I can run, or is there a point if I can have multiple pre-set setting on the Apexi ECU?

Any suggestions where I could pick one of these V6 intercoolers up handy? Or is it a stupid question asking you this? Ha ha ha...

Ah haaa.... Now I'm with ya... Not too much messin to be done there so really. Just some small bits of about 3mm plate and I'd be sorted ya?

Will all fittings etc be the same? Apart from the above specified part about the dump valve hole. Will need to see the intercooler itself really I suppose to fully understand what ya mean but I've a fair idea.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=2136.msg19465#msg19465 date=1177323758]

Must pass the fitting of that boost sensor job by you too. Wouldn't mind getting that fitted so I can adjust what boost I can run, or is there a point if I can have multiple pre-set setting on the Apexi ECU?

Any suggestions where I could pick one of these V6 intercoolers up handy? Or is it a stupid question asking you this? Ha ha ha...
[/quote]

Have a V6 one there... And you need the sensor fitted in order to be able to have that funtion on the Apexi ECU..

And doing intercooler straight swap after map is fine but if you were gonna put on the V6 one you'd really wanna have it done before map...

How much are you looking for the V6 intercooler?
What condition is it in? Many dents etc on the veins?

Is there that much of a difference between what I have and the V6 that it'll affect the map?

Tried fitting that sensor before but as I said the engine management light came on and stayed on. Went back to what was originally in it and it was fine again. Might bring it with me and see if it could be fitted before the map. If not I'll just have the one setting I suppose...

no you need to fit it.. dawes device was only tempory whilst i was waiting on the sensor.. just bring it with you..

Will do. Will throw in a bit of vacumm hose as what is on it is pretty short. It seems to be a very straight forwards job but I'm obviously doin somethin ass ways.. Surely there will be someone up there the day of the mapping session that has done it before, who could lend a hand...?

Can you send me a PM about the intercooler please. Better sort that out asap. Cheers.

Excellent. Cheers Damo.... It's still in the glove box....!!!
I've ran the cable to the ecu so it's ready to be plugged into the sensor. Just a matter of connecting up the right vacumm hoses. (think that's the bit where I'm going wrong.. lol)

Back