Check engine light

poc82

Sunday Drivers
The check engine light has come on in my car checked the manual and it said it may be something to do with the emissions any one know what this may be.
Also when accelerating through 3rd and 4th the car spikes from 3,500rpm to 4,500rpm and then back down to 4,000 rpm without taking my foot off the accelarator the car has no modifacations as far as i'm aware will this be damaging the turbo should i get it to a mechanic asap. Cheers lads.

first thing is first man..... Mechanic that knows Scooby engines is a must....
there could be 1 of a hundred different things going wrong that would be causing that to happen.
Anything from MAF failure to Lamba Sensor failure even down to engine Knock due to the fuel your using.

What year is your car and whats it running on? The lads on here are fairly good at diagnostics and should be able to help ya a bit more lad

As Hammie said it could be any number of things.

I'd investigate the Check Engine Light (CEL) first. If the car puts on the CEL then the ECU will keep a record of the fault code and it can be checked with Diagnostics. There can also be faults saved that didn't bring on a CEL and only way to see them is the Diagnostics.

Bring her to C+R Subaru or Dave (STI Tuning) for a Diagnostics check and take it from there :thumbsup:

Back