Nardi Steering Wheel V Momo Steering Wheel

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
Anyone know if these would be interchangeable? I have a V1 and would like to fit one of these too it. Obviously the air bags wont work as there wouldn't be any in mine but would would they both fit on the same shaft or could you get like a boss kit for them to be interchangeable?

It will bolt straight on as Dave said but the horn switch is different on the V4 onwards.

On the V1 to V3 its operated by an earth pin that touches the back of the steering wheel but on the V4 to V6 its operated by a clock spring, which is coiled wires that plugs into the back of the steering wheel :thumbsup:

So a bit of modifying will be required

You'll find the momo wheel alot heavier too. Changed it for a momo om my first wagon but changed back as I rathered the Nardi. :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

[quote author=TerryNavan link=topic=18745.msg230225#msg230225 date=1256069956]
Sweet, might just put my nardi up for sale so haha, would you get much for them?
[/quote]

If its the STI Nardi with red stitching they worth about €100 is good condition :thumbsup:

Picked up a Momo wheel there the other day, can someone tell me what i have to modify now to get the horn to work :)

:lolpoint: :lolpoint:

I'll rise above it :icon_grin:

The best way to do that would be to fit a clock spring, but to do that you would need to change the switches. By doing this your indicators will cancel when you straighten the wheel too :thumbsup:

If you try running a wire to the wheel it can get tangled around the shaft and cause problems

Haha ooops i guess after reading my own post i deserve that one haha

The best way to do that would be to fit a clock spring, but to do that you would need to change the switches. By doing this your indicators will cancel when you straighten the wheel too
Completely lost me there mate but sounds good, what you mean?

the indicator and wiper controls have to be changedfor the later model ones that have a clock spring, which is a plastic disc that contains a coiled up ribbon wire to control the horn and airbag in later models

Ah more money :( That little connector piece you are talking about was all smashed when i got the wheel so do you reckon i could get one of those controls that still have one from the steering wheel itself? And where would i pick one up?

Probably get one in a breakers.

Try Froggy @ Subaru Salvage. He's bound to have what you need :thumbsup:

Back