Turbo Trouble??

Davemania

Hi folks,

Just something thats been happening to me!

Its a 98 WRX and she is grand going through the gears foot to the floor until I reach 4th.

When I hit 3750rpm the car"lags" for a better word. Its like she loses power but within the click of a finger it comes

back. This might happen 4-5 times in forth until I hit 5th and it will do the same again.

I dont take or ease my foot off the throttle when it happens, the power just comes back.

Anybody with simular or a solution??

Thanks,

Dave

Sounds like your hitting fuel cut. Is your car modified in anyway?

Steve.

Have you changed plugs recently...have you done anything different changed ,washed etc,have you checked all plugs are secure battery terminals all the obvious things...??

Emm i reckon it's a sensor :ponder2: :ponder2:

If it where overboost or fuel cut at that speed / acceleration it would nearly put your head through the windscreen :icon_grin:

When you say lag's , do you mean a slight pause , then acceleration , then a pause , then acceleration ......etc.

or is it stuttering when you accelerate ???

If it's pausing and accelerating , i reckon it could be LAMDA sensor .

Anyhow you can get a diagnostic check done at your local garage to see if there is any faults registered on the ECU
from faulty sensors

Niall.

When you say the overboost or fuel cut off would put my head through the windscreen, it sometimes feels like that and if your not expecting it, it can be quite a shock!!

Brother nearly crapped himself when it happened to him in my car!!

It feels like there is just a cut off of fuel supply and not that the car is losing acceleration. There is not slutter and the car is not under preforming in any other areas

but its only at the same speed in the same gear (4th and 5th) and only under full throttle.

Thanks for the responces guys.

Back