erratic boost bugeye wrx wagon

wagon dec

Member Number 257
well just wonderin have any of you seen this issue was on track today and my car was goin grand bout half way through the day the pipe goin to mthe actuator burst {thanks to mark by the way}so fixed that issue the pipe had gone hard from age and heat id say ,back out on the track and went well for to laps then started to over boost 1.6 bar i let off the throttle and on again and it boosted 0.5 bar so took it easy for a bit then tried again boosted 1.4 bar then 1.1 then 0.2 then 0.6 so came in and let cool down after a half hour went back out and the same thing aftre three laps no temp rise no chucking no mil on came in again and left it until bout ten min before the end went back out and did two laps and it went down to 0.2 bar and stayed there so came in and turned it off .it was left for an hour or more while we ate and then went to go home started up and drove home pulling like a train very and no prob since .very confused any ideas :ponder2: :wall: :dontknow:

Could have got some crap in the boost solenoid when the pipe burst. You can clean them with brake cleaner or petrol as far as I know. Don't use either till you check with someone more knowledgeable.

Double check your turbo intake pipe has not spilt/ripped.. This would give erratic behavior you were experiencing..

But without seeing very hard to say..........

Back