Was there an sti type ra without dccd?? maybe the first examples??

F

forester sti

As above,
I made a comment about the early ra's not having dccd! It was disputed
I remember chatting to a lad at mondello about his ra (i think it was a 95-96) so version 2, he said his was last of the ra's not to have dccd!
I do believe it was an STI, not a WRX type ra! could be wrong though,
What do you's think??
Thanx
Dan

according to brian longs subaru book the sti ver2 ra was the fisrt impreza to be fitted with dccd and all sti ra cars since have had it dont know how true but he most have researched it. so most likely that lads car is just an sti ver2

i had a genuine ra before,no radio,electrics,close ratio box,no extras whatsoever...no diff controll,and it was a varified ra

Fenster's is a new age!
It's the classic STI RA that I would like to know about!
Thanks
Dan

From Scoobypedia site. It looks like it got DCCD from the outset. The one you saw Dan wasmore than likely a WRX RA.

1994.11 : Impreza WRX type-RA STi

WRX typeRA STi was introduced. The DCCD (drivers control center differential) was employed. And standard equipment included handmade engine producded by STi, exclusive ECU, quick-shift, power steering oil cooler, rear 2way mechanical LSD, carbon strut tower bar, large size rear spoiler, and roof ventilator.

Horsepower 275ps/6500rpm torque 32.5kg-m/4000rpm (STi-typeRA)

I suppose we can take that as gospel then! :thumbsup:
Well done man!
She had a 2 way diff?? that is pretty much a locked diff, very hard to drive on!
Dan

I love 2-way diffs :icon_twisted:

had opportunity to drive once N-group Impreza with locked 2way diff.. beautiful thing. just release the throttle before the bend and weeee sideways fun :icon_grin:

Back