Help Please

MrMagoo

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey folks,
94 WRX import
Bought a Falcon predator evo 4+ remote start car alarm from a friend, got a garage to fit it and they wired it all up only to tell me that it didnt work, well it turns out that they had not connected the ariel for it so no signal was being picked up by key fob.

Next up was that the speedo stopped working, and they revs are dropping to almost zero bouncing back up and settling ish (but very low about 400rpm)
Check engine light has come on a couple of times but gone off again.
All happened in same day??
Really freaked!
What has happened to my bloody car?
Coinsidence or alarm related??

Please shed light
Thanks

had the same prob a while ago, there is somethin in the scoobys that limits the revs if the speedo cable not connected correctly mine wouldn go over 4000 rpm and once i had the speedo connected properly went perfectly, the speedo cable is best got in from under the dash with the clocks screwed in( thats the way i got it)

hope this helps
cheers
kudz

Cheers for the comment lad, i had the same problem with a previous scooby when speedo cable broke, but the revs dropping so low and nearly stalling???
Is this related??

[quote author=MrMagoo link=topic=2105.msg19207#msg19207 date=1177105285]
Cheers for the comment lad, i had the same problem with a previous scooby when speedo cable broke, but the revs dropping so low and nearly stalling???
Is this related??
[/quote]

yeah oin all the jap ones they r limited to 180kmh, the ecu cuts the fuel and thats how it limits, so when the speedo not working the car thinks its goin 180 and the fuel cuts, i have an apexi power fc in mine now so no more limiting :)

Back