Camber

wrx99

Middle Lane Hogs
Got new front tyres today and got car tracked/alighned afterwards.They said they couldnt track it 100% because of the camber on passenger side ,they reckon i have a problem with my stering rack would this be true or false?? :thumbsup:

Thats completely false man steering rack has nothin to do with camber its usually adjusted by the bolts in the shocks

As above,
Bu11 sh1t!
Those big companies have the big fancy machines, but they are only as good as the spotty little young lad using them!
Dan

[quote author=Ciaran RS-RA link=topic=18528.msg227470#msg227470 date=1255112999]
the rack would only have an effect on the toe, did they give you a print out
[/quote]
yup i got a print out he said something bout a shock as well couldnt fully understand him!

can you scan it and post it up

[quote author=wrx99 link=topic=18528.msg227489#msg227489 date=1255117953]
[quote author=Ciaran RS-RA link=topic=18528.msg227470#msg227470 date=1255112999]
the rack would only have an effect on the toe, did they give you a print out
[/quote]
yup i got a print out he said something bout a shock as well couldnt fully understand him!
[/quote]

Just noticed ther that the bit he circled is for the rear even though he was talking about the front
:ponder: :ponder: :wall:

IMG_0001.jpg

the circled figure is on your rear axle, so unless you have rear steer. its not your rack. the rear is within tolerence after tracking, but the front is not. but its only short of a degree, i would usually leave road cars at that anyway to improve handling. if you can match the right side, i'd go with that. just take note thou, if the passenger side is adjusted all the way out and still has a degree neg. you probably have something, maybe a shock

he obviously adjusted the camber on passenger front aswell !!!!
you'd want to get that vibration checked mate incase something is in danger of coming off!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

Back