Good mechanic?

Woogy

Middle Lane Hogs
Looking for a good mechanic in Cork to take a look at my Impreza.Dont want to go to the main Subaru garage cause i heard since they are the only one in Cork so they ride the situation for prices.My hubs are a bit sticky and i just want a few other things looked at.Anyone help?

Lads this is and always has been a prob
no one to service Subaru's in Cork :wall: :wall: :wall:

Woogy be sure to let us know how you get on

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=2095.msg19110#msg19110 date=1177070473]
Lads this is and always has been a prob
no one to service Subaru's in Cork :wall: :wall: :wall:

Woogy be sure to let us know how you get on

Niall.
[/quote]

There is nothing different with a Subaru as opposed to a regular car basically. Especially if it's stuff regarding brakes, hubs etc. Any decent mechanic will be able to do this routine stuff on any car. It's not rocket science.

Fair enough you won't get your main dealer history stamp and stuff, but if it doesn't bother you and you prefer to have a bit of money left in your pocket a good mechanic does the same job.

Adfallen have plenty of diagnostic equipment etc. Will be bringing my 96 WRX wagon up to them to get it all running perfectly for when I put it up for sale.

Thanks for that.I actually used to work up by Ardfallen but never knew if they were anygood. :thumbsup:

Yogi, i wish it where as simple as that.
Yes any mecahnic could change your oil or brake pads
etc.................then again most of us could do it ourseleves.

It's more of a prob when you arrive and say she isn't running right,
she's a bit lumpy , she's not braking straight. i think a sensor is gone.

They simply don't have a clue :computer: :computer:

That said this has been my experinces and im definitly going to Check
out those lads in Douglas ..............save all the trip's to Dublin

Niall.

Lads my local mechanic John O'Leary preps alot of group N rally cars, mostly impreza's. He is very fair price wise and a genuine fella to deal with, plus his yard is scattered with rally cars. Denis & Mary Ryan rode me good for ruck all work, they must be about €70/hour or something! Baxters

021 4822378 Glanmire Area

Hi guys, speaking of good mechanics, does anybody know of any mechanics in the galway area who know their stuff about scoobys? My b4 is running a bit off colour, seems like an airflow meter problem, but i wanna know for sure before i go out and buy one...I'm Christy by the way, first time posting a message....

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=2095.msg19146#msg19146 date=1177077791]

It's more of a prob when you arrive and say she isn't running right,
she's a bit lumpy , she's not braking straight. i think a sensor is gone.

They simply don't have a clue :computer: :computer:

[/quote]

I have to agree there.

Welcome along Christy.

Just got my car serviced by ''THE ONLY SUBARU DEALERS'' in cork yesterday costing me 475euro!!!!!!!!!!
The service area is VERY un-organised and nobody has a clue wats goin on.
Then they told me my driver side brake is locking up(not realeasing oil back or sumthing :ponder:) They told me id need new dics,new callipers and new pads which would cost 600-700euro!!!
They can go F*** themselves..!
Gonna try this ardfallen place yer on about...
This is not even my Thread and im gettin advice...Cheers lads :thumbsup:

[quote author=daveR link=topic=2095.msg19238#msg19238 date=1177158120]
Just got my car serviced by ''THE ONLY SUBARU DEALERS'' in cork yesterday costing me 475euro!!!!!!!!!!
The service area is VERY un-organised and nobody has a clue what's goin on.
Then they told me my driver side brake is locking up(not realeasing oil back or sumthing :ponder:) They told me id need new dics,new callipers and new pads which would cost 600-700euro!!!
They can go F*** themselves..!
Gonna try this ardfallen place yer on about...
This is not even my Thread and im gettin advice...Cheers lads :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Heard too that the parts they put on your car are not even Subaru parts but just standard ones they got from one of the motor shops and they charge you as if they were good Subaru parts!!!

a few years back they quoted me €100 for NGK type R platinum spark plugs, I got them for €55 in autozone little island exactly the same thing. :nana:

hi lads huzzy is a mechanic from midleton in cork and he's a member of the club. i always get him to do all my work for me and he's unreal. really does know his stuff. im sure if you contact him through the site he'd look after you. :subaru:

look lads at the end of the day if they are main dealer then you will pay main dealer prices and they would be main subaru parts. however if you go to advance pitstop or first stop you get spurious parts unless you ask for quality...........
i ones had problem with the car and went to one of those previous company's and was very happy both with the work carried out and the price.
saves a bit in the long run    :subaru:

richie

[quote author=richie link=topic=2095.msg19411#msg19411 date=1177277708]
look lads at the end of the day if they are main dealer then you will pay main dealer prices and they would be main subaru parts. however if you go to advance pitstop or first stop you get spurious parts unless you ask for quality...........
i ones had problem with the car and went to one of those previous company's and was very happy both with the work carried out and the price.
saves a bit in the long run :subaru:

richie
[/quote]
sorry to say mate but dont ever think that because you bring you car to a main dealer that they use genuine parts........you may pay for genuine parts but thats not what may be fitted>>>>> ie "clutches, brake pads and discs, timing belts" etc

Went to Ardfallen,as some people advised.Had a problem with the handbrake.......found out i had to get new shoes and cylinders.They cost me €100 for the lot including vat which they got from Subaru but the labour came to €140.So it was €240 altogether.Was this good?

@555-scooby

I'll defo agree with you. I used to work in parts and accessories for a Dublin Subaru dealer. The service manager there used to tell me to give out the spurious parts to the mechanics for the majority of cars and the genuine parts for a few select cars. But the parts were all charged for as per genuine parts

This was a good few years ago now. They aint a subaru franchise anymore.

I also need a good mechanic for a service. Any good one's in Ashbourne/Finglas/Blanch area?

lads anyone in cork with subaru issues should try huzzy knows his stuff when it comes to scoobys, he'll do pretty much anything servicing, t-belts, clutches and the like, :thumbsup: i know a good few mechanics who wouldn't touch them cause they get scared when they look under the bonnet :shock: :shock: so its hard enough to get someone to actually service them properly

Back