nct failed help needed

T

traymcs14

alright lad had my nct today and it went down big time on the emmisions can anyone help here please
1994 wrx impreza jdm . mods air filter dump valve and exhaust system with standard cat still in

low idle co 2.65% and above 0.5% is fail
(800)rpm hm 0 ppm and above 0 ppm is fail

high idle Lamda 0.724 between 0.97 and 1.03
(2870) co 10.6vol% and above 0.3% is fail
hc 356 ppm and above 200 ppm is fail

as ye can see big difference they hope to hear from ye thanks

was there a remap done?
Jus tryin to think is it using extra fuel etc.... Also i have full standard system on my car. If it is needed and can be arranged i could do a temp swap to try get u thru the test

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=18486.msg226956#msg226956 date=1254848706]
was there a remap done?
just tryin to think is it using extra fuel etc.... Also i have full standard system on my car. If it is needed and can be arranged i could do a temp swap to try get u thru the test
[/quote]
hammie not to sure really the speed limeter it gone from it but i only have the car three months so dont know its history would you really think that exhaust would put it out that much its alot like

are you sure there is a cat on it?? and if there is there could be a hole in it, lambda sensor aswell maybe

[quote author=noeler2006 link=topic=18486.msg226958#msg226958 date=1254849135]
are you sure there is a cat on it?? and if there is there could be a hole in it, lambda sensor aswell maybe
[/quote]ya def only put it in for test think ill have to look for hole in it if this rain ever stops :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=18486.msg226961#msg226961 date=1254849549]
running rich on fuel..
lamba maybe....what condition is the cat in???
94 car???
:ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]
cat looks good might try new lamda alright

I had very similar readings on my Impreza once. I spent nearly 300euro on a new lambda sensor and the emissions where the same.

Put back in stock ECU and it passed.

Are you using the factory ECU?

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=18486.msg226979#msg226979 date=1254854624]
I had very similar readings on my Impreza once. I spent nearly 300euro on a new lambda sensor and the emissions where the same.

Put back in stock ECU and it passed.

Are you using the factory ECU?
[/quote]i not sure really dont know whats done to ecu only have it 3 months does anyone have a standard ecu of would the version 3-4 ecu plug in

diptane wont bring CO down that much lad !!!!

[quote author=traymcs14 link=topic=18486.msg226964#msg226964 date=1254849822]
[quote author=markobucko link=topic=18486.msg226961#msg226961 date=1254849549]
running rich on fuel..
lamba maybe....what condition is the cat in???
94 car???
:ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]
cat looks good might try new lamda alright

[/quote]

how do you know the cat is ok lad???
:dontknow:

id have lots of standard ecus i lone you a couple of them,no hassell,in fact id lone you anything like that,that you would need for a test

[quote author=froggy23 link=topic=18486.msg227006#msg227006 date=1254858333]
id have lots of standard ecus i lone you a couple of them,no hassell,in fact id lone you anything like that,that you would need for a test
[/quote] a fair play man. thanks were are you located. you know the way the newer version 3 and 4 ecus can be reprogrammed can any of these fit my car

if your from around dublin, bring the car to mcnamaras just off fairview.
if you need there number i can get it for you.
i had a 3 series bmw 2 yrs ago and failed really badly like yours on emissions, i brough it to them and they tested it and found out it was lamda senser.
they fitted new part there and ten, plugged it back into the tester and the emissions were fine, i brought it straight to nct and it flew through it.
al that for €180!!! :thumbsup:

Probably a stupid question but was she well warmed up before you bought her in? Always worth going for a good spin for twenty minutes or so.

Probably be shot for saying this but might be no harm to put a but of E85 into it beforehand - maybe a 30% mix? not good for the car long term but one off shouldn't do any damage, just make sure and fill it up with regular the second you get out, lower emissions from that stuff I think. Anyone else have any thoughts on that suggestion as I was half thinking of doing this with my own when I get mine nct'd shortly.

Cheers

Hey there...

I'm having the same problem as you are at the moment
see my thread: http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=18376.0

IMO the lambda sensor needs to be replaced in your car. Mine was showing 0.00v on FC commander. so didn't work at all.. and still on the NCT it showed them 0.824 :lol: :ponder2:
That's because they don't connect directly to your sensor methinks? :ponder2:

I borrowed second -working lambda (thanks to Rudeboy :thumbsup:) and going to test it for emissions next tuesday. Hopefully I will be sorted.

im going to portliose tomorrow would that be any way close to you froggy

Back