K & N Filter

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks I need a answer to this question once and for all can I put a K & N filter in my B4 with out doing any harm to the engine the car has being re mapped and I have heard conflicting reports I really dont want to do my engine any harm many thanks. :multijump:

I would only put it on if your car has been mapped for it,otherwise leave standard box on.... :thumbsup:

Is it just the panel filter that goes into the standard box? Or a whole new air filter, getting rid of the box?

If its just the panel filter, I'm pretty sure they are fine to put in. I'm sure one of the lads can confirm :thumbsup:

Steve.

Just a K&N replacement panel filter will be fine, only need tweak maps for bigger mods, like de-cat etc...

i had the K+N filter in my car before i got it remapped and it didnt blow up on me. to the best of my knowledge only induction kits that completely replace the standard airbox setup that require a tweak map. I dont think anyone would be willing to tell you 100% that your car will be fine, just covering their own asses. Have you heard of anyone that had problems after sticking in a panel filter? they are mainly designed as long life filters, they might had 1-2bhp in power max, just filters the air better and is washable, so you should never have to replace it again

Back