Not open for further replies.

stevo

Petrolheads
MMLP09-web2.jpg

[quote author=JGARDE link=topic=18454.msg226675#msg226675 date=1254772298]
is the isdc holding a stand :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I dont think so........... :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

no i wouldnt imagine so alot of the lads dont like the modified motors thing, alot of people seem to laugh at them.

personaly i think for the size of our island and the options that they have to pick from in the last couple of shows iv being to there has bein an amazin improvement in wots at the shows, yes there is going to be the little boy racers civics, glanzas and so on but isnt that where we all started from young lads wit no money and now we own subarus of some sort, we just came up the picking order,

and iv always thought it would be a good idea for all car clubs to get out there and show off wot cars you support and show the people that are behind them,(as in us a great group of lads,lassies and show wot we are all about as car enthuasists)

just my thought. :thumbsup:

[quote author=noeler2006 link=topic=18454.msg226702#msg226702 date=1254774707]
no i wouldnt imagine so alot of the lads dont like the modified motors thing, alot of people seem to laugh at them.

personaly i think for the size of our island and the options that they have to pick from in the last couple of shows iv being to there has bein an amazin improvement in wots at the shows, yes there is going to be the little boy racers civics, glanzas and so on but isnt that where we all started from young lads wit no money and now we own subarus of some sort, we just came up the picking order,

and iv always thought it would be a good idea for all car clubs to get out there and show off wot cars you support and show the people that are behind them,(as in us a great group of lads,lassies and show wot we are all about as car enthuasists)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

[/quote]

ah should be a good owl day this providing the weather is right
my car is on show that day in the main arena not sure who else is there that day :thumbsup: :subaru:

Jaysus, this coming sunday!
I'm sorry I didn't spot this sooner,
I can ring them and ask about a stand, We'll defo look into this properly next year,
But bearing in mind that our 10th anniversary trackday is 5 days later I don't think we'll have a big turn out for this at this stage,
But if a few lads are going in together then I'll get the ISDC flag polls and flags for you's
Pobably wont make it myself, so I'll see you at mondello the following friday, 2pm till 10:30pm :thumbsup:
Dan

[/quote]I agree :D Most forget that not everyone has the pleasure of being able to afford the performance cars. Nothing wrong with a modified car, be it opel, nissan or honda.

I agree,
Sure I had a few myself,
86 Uno with the arches ginded and hammered out to take 16" alfa wheels, 96 bravo td100 with the fuel pump and turbo wound out to the last!
Even a galanza for a short while! and so on!
We will give it some serious consideration next year, and make a proper event of it!
Dan

[quote author=TerryNavan link=topic=18454.msg226774#msg226774 date=1254783375]

[/quote]I agree :D Most forget that not everyone has the pleasure of being able to afford the performance cars. Nothing wrong with a modified car, be it opel, nissan or honda.
[/quote]
+1 :thumbsup:

Glad to hear everyone is in agreement that there is nothing wrong with modified cars!!!!
Sure didnt most of us start our driving career with a stupidly small engined car and just tried to make it look good?
Modifying doesnt mean "boy racer"
Modifying in my opinion is a way of life for alot of people young and old.... Most are enthusiasts and the minority of car thieves and general misfit boy racers give all a bad name!!! Including clubs like this 1

I suppose a lot of us have just outgrown that scene and seen the error of our ways. I have no problem with people that do it (although I do laugh at them as I drive by) but I certainly wouldnt have any interest in going to something like that anymore unless there was something particularly good to see other than the normal crap thats there

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=18454.msg226814#msg226814 date=1254814293]
I suppose a lot of us have just outgrown that scene and seen the error of our ways. I have no problem with people that do it (although I do laugh at them as I drive by) but I certainly wouldnt have any interest in going to something like that anymore unless there was something particularly good to see other than the normal crap thats there
[/quote]

same as robbie!!!
:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

We were offered a stand for 12 cars but the notice is way too short. The email from the guy organising it was a little desperate too, kept mentioning things like economic situation and slowdown in trade. It didn't convince me that it's going to be a great show.

Anyway, from an organisers point of view we were offered places at the MM July show in Cork which we offered to all members. (There's a thread still in the members events section). I think we got one name for it so that was a non-starter!!

If this was a runner this time it would be in members events.

[/quote]

Well said Noel, although I never was involved in that scene, my first car was an impreza. Your point is very valid and I'd like to see the ISDC with a stand there and show everyone that wants to move up in the car scene what we're all about. Potential new members are everywhere!

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=18454.msg226981#msg226981 date=1254854734]

[/quote]

Well said Noel, although I never was involved in that scene, my first car was an impreza. Your point is very valid and I'd like to see the ISDC with a stand there and show everyone that wants to move up in the car scene what we're all about. Potential new members are everywhere!
[/quote]

yes but maybre there potentially the wrong sort of member we would be attracting :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back