squeaking belts

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
so one of my belts is squeaking when i start the car in the mornings, then stops one the car has warmed up, should i replace the belts or just spray on some belt dressing? :dontknow:

My own power steering/alternator belt was doing the same a few months back so gave it a little tighten and sorted the squeeking. Same started again there a couple of weeks ago so went and replaced it. :thumbsup:

i wonder are the belts the same size on mine. did you buy them from subaru or just down the motor factors? u have any sizes or part numbers? :ponder2:

belts go hard from heat over time!!!
check the tension on them first but i would guess the above!!!
get them in any motor factors dan!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=18420.msg226207#msg226207 date=1254604379]
Is there not a size printed on the belt :dontknow:
[/quote]

Not always a size, can be just a part number on motor factor belts.

If your not getting genuine belts then I find it best to take off the old belt and match it up. Its down to thickness, groves and length. But your old belt will have stretched anyway so the replacement will be slightly shorter.

When I needed a belt in a hurry, went to halfords, they had no listing for any impreza belts, brought in my old belt and matched it to one one the shelf. Worked great :thumbsup:

Back