Where to buy a set of Coil Packs and pfr7b NGK plugs?

Yogi

Petrolheads
As above. I have my 95 STi wagon booked in for a mapping session with Renno555 on the 12th of next month.

I was advised that I should get a new set of coil packs and plugs to bring along to the session, just incase the ones that I have are not working 100%. Would be a waste of a map.

Where abouts is the best place to get them and would anyone have any idea on abouts how much I should expect to pay? Heard the coil packs were a bit on the pricey side. Either way I have to get them but want to try and keep the cost to a minimum.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Yogi

Yogi fit the PFR7B before the map and keep the coil packs as spares, They could be fine but you WILL need a set at some stage anyway. I wouldent bother with a second hand set so buy new from Subaru is my advise. Dont think there that expensive either.

Damo

I suppose Bursey Peppard would be the best place in Dublin
Im sure some of the lads will give you directions

Niall.

Cheers lads.

@Renno555: Will have them fitted. Thanks.

Is there anywhere closer to Cork?

Ya they are down near me. Dealt with them in the past and had serious problems...
Got no satisfaction when I complained too. Promised to never deal with them again. Not the cheapest either, but what main dealer is?

Are the coil packs a motor factor part or are they all genuine?

Sorry Yogi ,
should of seen that your from Cork :wall: :wall:
Genuine Subaru Part.
As for Denis & Mary Ryans we all know how you feel.
but for the sake of it you might aswell. There about the only one's in our area
that will be able to sort ya.

There's a new lad on parts if that help's :dunno: :dunno:

Niall.

i do NOT advise a BRAND NEW set of coill packs..  this is 110% BAD advice and complete waste of money for absolutely no need... :angry:

yes i would agree to having a coill pack spare for in case unlikely event that one fails on the day and is needed... But above advice is massive scare mongoring to say the least.....  un-believeable...... :angry: :wall: :wall:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=2079.msg19024#msg19024 date=1177019054]
i do NOT advise a BRAND NEW set of coill packs..  this is 110% BAD advice and complete waste of money for absolutely no need... :angry:

yes i would agree to having a coill pack spare for in case unlikely event that one fails on the day and is needed... But above advice is massive scare mongoring to say the least.....  un-believeable...... :angry: :wall: :wall:
[/quote]

Why, becasue im trying to sell a set of coil packs ? Dont sell them so no gain for me. Bit of an over the top reaction for suggesting a set of coilpacks  :dunno: There are always issues with the coil packs on the early cars and often NOT noticiable till the mapper goes to map the car. If there is a problem with them and he hasent got a set he's out of the mapping. Or he could buy a second hand set that are fooked aswell. For what they cost no point buying a second hand set IMO.  You would be MAD to buy second hand coil packs. If you dont trust me you Yogi here is the quote from the mapper who has alot more expierance then anyone here  :thumbsup: He also advied spare MAF sensors for the 99-00 cars which everyone knows is a problem aswell.

"Make sure you have some spare coil packs available since most of them have gone past their sell-by date and a fresh set of plugs and a bit more boost will cause mayhem... most of the time anyway"

In fact Dave said there that coil packs are around 600 euro so if thats the case id take a chance myself to be honest. I thought they where around 280 but my price must way off.

well dave think your over reacting abit damo is right in one sence as iv bought a few set of second hand coils and more then one occation one was faulty and last price i got for coils was 175 plus vat

Just checked with a guy who bought a set a while ago from API and he said 50 quid each. Give them a ring in the morning Yogi and check it out. API 00441926614522.

[quote author=jonnystiV1 link=topic=2079.msg19040#msg19040 date=1177023122]
well dave think your over reacting abit damo is right in one sence as iv bought a few set of second hand coils and more then one occation one was faulty and last price i got for coils was 175 plus vat
[/quote]

You would be amazed how many early scoobs turn up with faulty coil packs and how many times the MAF sensors had to be swaped from 99-00 cars so they could go ahead with mapping.

yes dave i have and standin by my quote about u over reacting, problem?

i'll take that as a no you haven't so........ :ponder: :ponder:

this was about advising someone thats due to be mapped getting getting advised to go spend stupid money on new coils in case one fails..  and whole point of this was if one fails and if no one about has one spare you can't complete your map.. which is fair enough... carry 2 tested second hand coils tried tested  .... but to advise someone to get new ones without a problem is a waste of money...

Sorry posted my reply in your post.

not when puttin couple of 100 into a map then to be in the middle of it coil fails all i was sayin was agree with damo better to have brand new one there incase just cause i disagreed with u dont have to start all your usual so anything else dave or can yogi make up his own mind when u stop all your goin off the topic u got your point across end of

went off topic not once?????????

damo takin about replacing all 4 in advance????????????

start of your post no idea wat your on about?????

Back