something's gone wrong with my B4.....

K

KEVINB4

:dunno:
I Had a problem this morning with my B4 folks..... it seemed to be a little jumpy for a while at low speeds i.e. in heavy traffic,etc,i,ve read lots about putting octane booster in er to keep er runnin smooth and presumed that maybe its associated with that, until, when i attempted to accelerate reasonably quickly the car did everything but accelerate.
The revs dropped right off and i had to pull in and stop.I have a 'check engine' light showing but the car is still driving, albeit a little roughly.has anyone experience this with a B4 B4 (pardon the pun).If so is there any other possible causes.For info my tpertol tank was full so i dont think 'twas dirty fuel at the bottom. I'll be getting it a diagnostic check within the next few days and i believe that its most likely the airflow meter, what kind of a bill am i facing if the airflow meter is shot, and am i gonna do any major damage if i continue driving it?

Finally are parts easy to order for imports?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Should be the 99-00 MAF Sensor which is the cheapest. 125-140 euro.

:ponder:

thanks Reno555,
could you explain what exactly that means, im not farmiliar with the scoobies, and the technical terminology has me a bit lost,
:thumbsup:

Hey Kevin,

If the MAF is busted the idle will be very bad - it will be hunting from about 400rpm to 1200rpm and will be nearly cutting out.
If this is only happening when the engine is hot (ie sitting in traffic) it could be the Lambda sensor.

Alan.

Back