Facia Help on the Legacy!

hego

Sunday Drivers
hi,

tryin to fit a new radio i bought, but the bloody taking off on the facia is wrecking my head.
can someone enlighten me on it. i can get the top out but the bottom part sits there. i have taken out the ash try and the bit around the gear stick
but won't budge, does the ciggie lighter come off??
thanks

There is a screw behind the ash tray and one above it (awkward bastids to get) Then the radio surround should just pop off.

2 scews pointing upward are holding it in place. When you take out the ashtray, you should be able to see them or feel them. Awkward to get at as rob says

yeah found em! going to try get em out!
radio and pocket look too small for the space!

hi peeps,
i have radio installed, but even with the additional pocket you could still add another radio, are the radio gaps that size. trying to figure what to do?

Its a single din pocket you'd be after mate. Subaru sell them off the shelf, not sure how much though. I have a single din for quite a while now but promised myself I wouldnt get a pocket because I was going to get a double din dvd instead

hi,
i have a pocket already plus the radio and still a gap, is this pocket thing big enough for that size gap?

Yes, thats correct mate, the leggy's have 3 din spaces as standard under the heater controls. They come with a double din radio and one pocket from the factory. You need to get a second pocket to fill the gap you've now made by putting a single din unit :thumbsup:

when trying to take off the facia the ciggy lighter bit won't let the facia come off, any ideas?

You need to pull up the gear surround, just clips, no screws... Then 2 screws to undo the rubber pocket that sits under the cigarette lighter/ashtray... If you have taken out the 2 screws above the ashtray then the surround will pull out... Open the cup holder in the top left of the surround to give you some leverage to pull it out :thumbsup:

See the pic below, there's two screws that hold the ash tray holder in place.

289wftz.jpg

I use a little mini ratchet like this to get at them.

2wgi0xj.jpg

yeah get that far, but when i go to take it out, it gets stuck with the cigarette lighter bit at the bottom left! very annoying!

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=18367.msg227650#msg227650 date=1255184546]
You need to pull up the gear surround, just clips, no screws... Then 2 screws to undo the rubber pocket that sits under the cigarette lighter/ashtray... If you have taken out the 2 screws above the ashtray then the surround will pull out... Open the cup holder in the top left of the surround to give you some leverage to pull it out :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Do that and the thing will just pull out

Are you sure you have all the screws out? There are 2 that hold the rubber pocket between the gear stick and the ash tray, 2 vertical screws that hold the ash tray holder plate in place
and then 1 that attaches a sensor for the AC on the back of the fascia.
After they are removed the trim is just held in place with clips and should pop out.

t9h2mr.jpg

6ism0i.jpg

After the trim is off there are 6 screws that hold the radio and AC cage in place.
Hope this helps!

Back