what coilovers for my spec c ??????? (advice/help please)

Grahamo spec c

ISDC Club Member
Hello all.
thinking of changing my kyb sti coilovers on the car for something more modern and new.
ive been looking at AST sportline 1's and GAZ gold coilovers.looking for info from people who have used either or know more about them.
i can get the AST for 1500pounds delivered and the GAZ for 1200pounds.money isnt the problem but i just want to get the best ones i can in that price range.

I need a decent coilover for day to day driving and the odd track day too.not too bothered on how bumpy or hard the ride is.
plan is to do something like the TYPE 25 set up eventually.after i choose a good coilover ill get a roll bar or two!! ideally id like to get them fitted before the isdc track day. :whistle:
all help or advice appreciated. thanks. :thumbsup: (114.3 PCD by the way)

Just go for as soft a spring (to keep it grippy) and go for stiff anti roll bars, (to control the roll)
Camber adjustment and alignment are most important,
But you know all that already!
Dan

At that price I'd say you're best going for AST.

From reading elsewhere if money is not an issue the EXE TC would be the way to go.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=18332.msg225245#msg225245 date=1254293923]
From reading elsewhere if money is not an issue the EXE TC would be the way to go.
[/quote]

Prices start at £1600 Sterl for Exe TC not including top mounts.... quality stuff and worth every penny! Top mounts are another £500 i think!

thanks for replys lads. wont be going the ext whatever they are called.mad money,i know they are great.
anymore info lads? anyone use gaz or ast? :ponder:

i have gaz in the 205, and had them in the 306 too. they will spec them what ever way you want with valving and springs. mine are about three years old with no bothers from either car. only bad bit is rust, if you dont keep them clean.

Great wright up on the gaz ones in last months jap performance mag, they put them on a evo said they were unreal but also said you have to keep them clean :thumbsup:

thanks lads for info.
yeah i was thinking about the gaz ones myself,keeping them clean will not happen!! :icon_rolleyes:
anyone in Ireland do gaz? wouldnt mind talking to someone to see what type i could get.dont want to get a set of coilovers that are crap for trackdays :naughty:

thanks keith :thumbsup: but id rather talk to an irish person i can understand or even call round to them and ask a few questions. i was going to ring balance motorsport in the uk,they seem the cheapest with delivery.hate talking over the phone to these guys.

Someone like balance would be the right place to call as they stock loads of brands rather than just the 1 brand which they reckon has the edge over all others. Tell them your expectations of what you want & let them recommend the best suited coilovers for you :thumbsup:

@stibrian: yeah think your right,i may ring them and tell them "i just want to go fast" :icon_headbang:

no seriously i reckon thats the best thing to do.ill just ring them and see how much,what type and most importantly........can you deliver them before the 16th of october?? :thumbsup:

If you are looking to spend money on handling improving mods,
and you have a budget of say €1,500 I would defo go for
Lowering springs, front and rear ARB's, camber adjustment bolts and a spare set of 17" wheels with Ex Brit touring car slicks on!
You would get all of the above bought and fitted within your budget,
and you wont have to worry about distroying a grands worth a 18" road tyres on track, and you can adjust the camber for the tire shreading grip track setting or milder road going setting,
and the slicks will defo have you going faster than a car with coilovers and road tires, wet or dry!!!

Dan

Back