Air Filter.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks how often do I need to change my air filter would you change it at 5000 miles when I'm having oil changed or what and can regular changing of air filter protect the air flow meter many thanks John L.

i have a K+N one on mine John that i first put in about 20K ago. the After market filters tend to be long life filters and are supposed to be good for 100K! they cost about 70 euro so if you havent changed it since you got the car, won't do any harm to replace it, 2 minute job to fit

Thanks Dan I can get a standard Subaru filter for 40 Euro and it was last changed 10,000kms ago I was gonig to get a K&N but I was advised against as one lad on this site said it could do damage to the engine cause I had the car mapped I dont know but I would rather be safe than sorry cheers, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This lad said that it may allow 2 much air into the car and worst case that I might melt a piston unless I misunderstood :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnjoe64 link=topic=18318.msg225088#msg225088 date=1254236302]
This lad said that it may allow 2 much air into the car and worst case that I might melt a piston unless I misunderstood :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Think you need find NEW LAD for your advise?????? :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:

Statements on here are getting more crazy by the day..

Back