need help

jackswagon

Middle Lane Hogs
hi, looking for a bit of help here, i took the car out this evening and found that the boost needle was going way to high. was going to 0.9, tonight its going upwards of 1.3 and then its like the fuel cut is kicking in cause it jerks badly, even heard what i think is detonation(like stones in a metal cup) , any ideas on what is causing this to happen and whats needed to fix it . i need the car for travelling to work so will it be ok to drive without using boost.

thanks

Something similar happened to my classic impreza a couple of year ago one of the little black pipes from the turbo to the solenoid was cracked so the pressure couldnt operate the waste gate causing over boost and fuel cut off.
I'm no expert but its a good place to start looking, when this happened to me i drove the car for two days without issue just dont boost it.

yea be alright to drive just dnt drive it on, granny shift her, in other words dont use the turbo. it is fuel cutting and thats not good so keep the boost down. probably is does little black pipes coming out of compressor side of turbo and goung to actuator and solenoid.. if you find a crack be careful replacing it as one of the pipes has a copper reducer olive inside it, and if you leave it out it prob wnt make its proper boost. i think its in pipe coming out of compressor side and b4 the T piece.

Hey Jackswagon,
Yep your car over boosted and then cut.
Your engine has an inbuilt saftey feature that cuts all power
if your engine over boost's.

Be sure to post up what actually caused this, after your mechanic
has it sorted.

Niall.

That bolts in a cement mixer sound is definitely detonation so driver her gingerly as an engine will expire quickly with all that det.

Frawls

just an update. car is back boosting normal past 2 days , but ill get the mechanic to give it a good check over cause its due to be mapped in a couple of weeks. let you know if he finds anything wrong. :thumbsup:

Back