New Here

R

Rx Driver

Hey everyone new to this site, I drive a 2002 Impreza 1.6RX and looking for info. on it and i'd say I came to the right place!!. Anyone know if there is anything that can be done to it to make more powerful and before anyone says buy a 2lr or anything I don't have the money!!!.

welcome to the forum John :thumbsup:

simple answer to your question is no, plain and simple, they wernt designed to go fast, and nobody makes parts for them, so all you can do really is wait till you can afford a turbo, thats what im doing ;)

tic . . . . toc . . . . tic . . . . toc . . . . tic . . . . toc

Hi there John, welcome aboard :thumbsup:

as Norris says, there isn't a lot you can do. I added a Pipercross Induction Kit to my n/a Scooby but it was a 2.0 and they don't make 1.6 compatible ones I'm afraid. I used to be a member of this site http://www.imprezasport.net you'll find all the n/a Scooby nuts over there. I think cosmetic changes are all you can do for a 1.6, there just isn't the demand for manufacturers to create go-faster bits for them. Sorry mate :(

Welcome alone.

As said above nothing much can be done.Have tried nearly everything.Would recomend not installine induction kit has caused nothing but trouble 4 me.Sounds a bit better thats all but f##ks up sensors.Going to try 1 more thing and will let you know how i get on

:smokin:

Welcome on board,
I was driving the same car myself until last week (it's still my avatar pic) and as the other 1.6 lads have said there's nothing you can do really to make 'em faster. Best bet is to work on making it look better and then bide your time until you can buy a turbo.
That's what I've just done :dance:

John

I had a 02 RX and a 03 RX both 1.6's but couldn't get anything for it, I did put an induction kit on the 02 but it made no differance I ended up taking it of when I was trading her in for the 03 model and never bothered putting it on her. I just waited until I could afford a turbo. It was three years later but it was worth the wait and I did love those two cars. Best of luck with it. Welcome to the club by the way. :thumbsup: :subaru:

Cheers lads :thumbsup: I was thinking that not much could could be done alright!, Bought it in Jan. very happy with it, only power is a factor! Its got a bodykit and quadlights and that will have to do I suppose!!.

[quote author=John02D link=topic=2068.msg19003#msg19003 date=1177005436]
Cheers lads :thumbsup: I was thinking that not much could could be done alright!, Bought it in Jan. very happy with it, only power is a factor! Its got a bodykit and quadlights and that will have to do I suppose!!.
[/quote]
I really liked mine for the past 12 months, lack of power is a factor alright but other than that it's a lovely car. Yours looks quite similar to mine, except I had gold wheels.
Check it out in my blog in the members' section if you sign up to the club.

John

Back