what turbo

JGARDE

Middle Lane Hogs
alright lads i am thinking of bringing up the bhp on my bug wrx i want to get to 330bhp mark what turbo you think be up to it and what other bits i need walbro fuel pump,sti8 i/c,panel filter,a remap,turbo,and sti injectors??????? :dontknow: :ponder2:

any advice welcome lads :thumbsup:

oh ya i have a full decat exhaust from turbo.. :smile:

dont touch the turbo until supporting mods are in place!!!!!!!!

Otherwise ur askin for disaster.......

not sure what injectors you have.. think they are 440cc, if they are then you shouldnt need to change them for 330bhp.. at most maybe an adj pressure reg... sti8 i/c is excellant upgrade and maybe you could look at standard ihi sti turbos to get you the 330bhp.. i think you should be able to get the figure you want fairly cheaply by buying 2nd hand turbo, sti 8 i/c etc etc... if you couldnt find standard subaru turbo to get you ther i reckon an 18g would probably do the trick.. keep eye on the for sales here

Good man 5dr.... think that could be a tried and testd path for you JGARDE...

[quote author=KENC link=topic=18276.msg224495#msg224495 date=1254078540]
not sure what injectors you have.. think they are 440cc, if they are then you shouldnt need to change them for 330bhp.. at most maybe an adj pressure reg... sti8 i/c is excellant upgrade and maybe you could look at standard ihi sti turbos to get you the 330bhp.. i think you should be able to get the figure you want fairly cheaply by buying 2nd hand turbo, sti 8 i/c etc etc... if you couldnt find standard subaru turbo to get you ther i reckon an 18g would probably do the trick.. keep eye on the for sales here
[/quote]

100% Agreed,
Although the New age WRX intercooler will be grand! I had a TD05 20g running over 380bhp on one of them!
STI 8 cooler is a cool upgrade! (get it, cool) :lol: :doh:
And do check out Our traders section for the work and/or mapping, they help and advise lads on here the whole time, so they deserve first refusel on the work!
Rather than lads outside of the club, and the country for that matter!
Dan

I think the 18g is a big bigger than the sti turbos
and I had my 2.5 forester running 330bhp on 440's (same as yours)
:thumbsup:
Dan

what you think dan upgrade the turbo to 18g(is that a straight fit) standard wrx intercooler and standard injectors, i have the upgrade fuel pump just to fit, and fit a panel filter and a good remap and i should see 330bhp :thumbsup: :smile: :smile:

All sounds perfect!
I'd go for a 3port boost solinoid, Otherwise you may get boost spikes!
Dan

Back