Another B4 owner new to the site.....

K

KEVINB4

:subaru:

morning everyone, just wanna say a quick hello to all other site users, like the rest of you lads, i think i have petrol in my veins too.Just picked up a mint B4 wit loadsa jap stuff on it, i believe its the Bilstein version (320 brake) but i gotta get 'er rolling roaded yet, anyway im hoping to make the most of this new toy and i'd be grateful for a few pointers from all those with the knowledge and the contacts, firstly im trying to acquire a booklet for an STI boost controller thats fitted to it, its a GENOME model if anyone has any info on it.i trawled the net but couldnt find anything conclusive.It seems easy enuf to operate but i dont wanna go doing anything that i shoulnt be doing......... besides giving those two turbos a good roasting!!

cheers!  :thumbsup:

Hi Kevin welcome to the Club  :thumbsup: Ive never heard of an STI Boost controler. You sure its not a Link controler for the gauges ? Stick some pictures up of it. Or does it look anything like the below ?

Damo

Hello Kevin & Welcome to the club  :thumbsup:

If the car has come fresh from Japan, you should run it on Octane booster as the Jap fuel set up will not suit our fuel. You could talk to Damo (renno 555) about getting some.

You should also look to get it remapped, before you go roasting those turbos.

There are a lot of B4 owners here, which can give you loads of advise.

Cheers,

Michael

Howdy,

I drive a b4 aswell your car could well be running 320bhp if its tuned but the bilstein model isnt any more powerful than any other b4 it was just given better suspension set up..ie a bilstein one...defo recommend a remap for irish fuel..Ive been waiting over 2 months now on TTM to get me sorted...enjoy the car.

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the site :thumbsup:

AFAIK the Bilstein Model had just cosmetic changes designed by Porche.... all B4's have Bilstein Suspension....

Should have different bumpers and a very different looking rear wing.... think it's 280bhp standard but probably only about 250/260 here....

16482B1.jpg

Alan.

Welcome!! :D

You came to the right place anyway!! Lots of info available here. Type in what you are looking for into the search bar and there should be plenty of info on most things!!

Shane. :thumbsup:

Howdy, plenty of scoobys around Cork alright. im having a little trouble with a boost controler too, seems to be doing crazy stuff on the hig setting.

welcome kevin........

well done in joining the site, its great, you can get pretty much all the info you need..!!

and its cool to see more B4 owners here..!!! :thumbsup:

slan

papa smurf :headbanger:

welcome mate nice 2 have another B4 owner i hope u have as much as d rest of us with it there a gr8 car best of luck with it :thumbsup:

thanks for such a warm welcome!!

:thumbsup:

To save me replying individually to all of you who welcomed me to the club, just wanna say cheers, much appreciated, thanx for all the advice, im sure i'll bump into some of you in the future i have the octane booster in since i bought it and it definitely makes a diference.looking forward to learning lots and doing many miles in me new scoobie. i'll get some pics up on site at sum stage too, kept it black with black and chrome alloys to keep er real jap looking.
cheers :subaru:

Welcome along mate hope you find everything that your looking for on this site, :thumbsup: :subaru:

Back