Uneven brake pad wear...?

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi Folks,

Have just noticed that my front brake pads are very near finished, so inspected them there last night and it seems that the pads on the drives side are worn much more than the pads on the passenger side. Also under hard braking the front kind of ducks down a bit more on the driver side, as there is a bigger braking force applied to that wheel, obviously! Is this perhaps because the brake system has not been properly bleed?

In the coming weeks I'm planning on braided lines all around and new front red stuff pads, so I want to make sure the brakes are improved when Im finished as it'll cost me a packet!

Any input would be great guys. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Paddy

Is that a difficult thing to do Hammie? Id be hand enough with a spanner but it probably needs a bit of professional attention yeah..?

Cheers

Paddy

I could be wrong but i thought the brake bias was between front and back wheels
and not left or right ????

I'd say it's brake dust in the piston's in the calliper, which cause them to seize / not work correctly,
you may even find she won't brake straight.

This is a common enough prob , the rubber seals around the pistons , ware away.

Subaru sell a set of new seals etc..... for Aprox €30 as far as i remember

Niall.

Nail,

Thats exactly whats happening, shes not braking straight, pulling a little to the right when braking. Are these a handy thing to replace or are there specialized tools required?

Rgds

Paddy

appologies i thought break bias setup was 4 way adjustment....
front
back
left
right
kinda jobbie

Back