Fitting steering wheel

COTSYSTI

Sunday Drivers
lads hav an aftermarket steering wheel on my car replacing it wit standard momo wheel wen i took boss kit off ders big metal thing surrounding hole which steering wheel sits on any ideas how i fit it..

http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/cotsysti/

When you say you took off the centre nut (size 17" socket i think) what way will it not come off? How do you mean its on the steering colum?
if u look right in the back of the pics at the large centre nut... Thats whats holdin on the boss.... It should be easy enough removed.
Where ya based maybe if you need help someone might call out....

[quote author=cotsysti link=topic=18225.msg223890#msg223890 date=1253862013]
i could do wi bit of helf t b honest wen i took that nut ou d gold surround bit wont move..
[/quote]

Put the head of of spanner on the center stud (the thing the gold nut was on)

Now top the other end of the spanner with a hammer. This will loosen the boss kit and it should pull off. You will need A LOT of force.

Had the same problem changing the steering on my car, I could take off the 17inc nut,
but the boss remained tight. Got a socket extension, placed it directly on the steering threaded
part, then 2 or 3 solid bangs with a lump hammer(as a helper tries to wiggle the boss). Off it popped.

[quote author=Murto link=topic=18225.msg223898#msg223898 date=1253864464]
Had the same problem changing the steering on my car, I could take off the 17inc nut,
but the boss remained tight. Got a socket extension, placed it directly on the steering threaded
part, then 2 or 3 solid bangs with a lump hammer(as a helper tries to wiggle the boss). Off it popped.
[/quote]

Thats what I was trying to say but Murto explained it better

Two words for you, either bearing puller, or steering wheel puller, yeah there is actually a tool for pulling steering wheels off!You havent taken off the boss kit yet, thats the part your trying to remove! See when you tighten down the gold nut you kind of wedge the boss kit down onto the steering shaft splines. So to save doing any damage get yourself down to a garage and borrow there bearing pullers, that'll get you sorted in about 5minutes!

Rgds

Paddy

lads stupid me the steerin wheel i had was a pop off 1 all i had t do was take bolt off put steerin wheel back on an pull it off.. problem nw horn is not wrkn any ideas.

I presume you have reconnected the horn? Should be a very small connector block or maybe even one wire with a spade connector.

yea done dat but still noting my cousin was sayin theres notin out of t relay or atin dat thers a black round thing behind the steerin wheel which the wires connect in to could be bad connection on that..

Sometimes the wire inside the boss gets disconnected(also happened to me!)

Its a wire from the horn button to the copper ring inside the boss, you might need

to solder it, tricky enough, but can be done. Good luck.

Back