How much to get it mapped?

Colm Mc

Sunday Drivers
From what I’ve read lately, a low level tune on a Classic Impreza would involve the following:

1) Decat downpipe & free flowing exhaust
2) Uprated fuel pump
3) K&N Filter
4) Remap

On the induction side of things Ive seen something about a ‘Resonator Delete’, what does this mean?

Apart from the purchase of hardware, what would you expect to pay for a remap & who are the preferred guys in Ireland for getting it done?

Could you fit all the hardware & not bother with a remap. Would it do harm, would there be any gain?

i would not know but would be interested in seeing how much myself i have same mods in 94 wrx classic is your sti or wrx

Depends on the year of car..a V6 on (99>) can be mapped on the stanard ecu using software..pre 99 you will need an after market ecu or plugin. Simtek is a popular ecu replacement and Power FC is a popluar plugin. Simtek seems to be the best option. It provides launch control and anti lag as well as switchable maps.
Contact Dave@ stitunning for prices..if you look in traders forum you will find him there.

Check with dave but as far as I know it can be ecutek'd which is cheaper ..around 900 euros but don't qoute me on that as it can change depending on how many are getting mapped and exchange rates ect

you can an ecu tek map for that for around a grand good software i have my bugeye done with ecutek and no probs great power increase over standard with similarmods to you

[quote author=traymcs14 link=topic=18222.msg223774#msg223774 date=1253803088]
i would not know but would be interested in seeing how much myself i have same mods in 94 wrx classic is your sti or wrx
[/quote]

Did you find that modifying the fuel pump, exhaust & induction gave much of a gain even without mapping?

If you get a re-map then all above are necessary except the induction kit,standard air box is better,you wont see any gains really with above mods except the down pipe as it helps the turbo spool better,but could also make you overboost if you not mapped for it.... :thumbsup:

I guess if you're doing it its got to be done right!

What does 'Resonator Delete’ mean? I came across it on the Andy Forrest site.

Fair play markC
Great info,
So the resinater delete shoulf give you induction kit noise, but it still sucks the cold air from the front of the car! Great Mod!
As above, the biggest power gain will be the Remap,
The fuel pump is for safety, to make sould she doesn't run lean and melt a piston,
The K&N panel filter in the standard Air box with the resinater delete will slightly help spool up and top end air flow! (and sound nice)
The down pipe will greatly help the turbo spool up faster and earlier, and you get a nice turbo whistle, but it will boost spike with out mapping!
The exhaust helps a tiny bit, but make the all important scooby noise!
I would do all of the above, at the same time and get her mapped to suit, You will not regret it!
I also highly recomend getting your 4 wheel alignment done with around 1.5 deg neg camber on the front as well, transforms the handling!
Get on to some of the traders and see which ones you get on with!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=18222.msg224023#msg224023 date=1253894329]
I also highly recomend getting your 4 wheel alignment done with around 1.5 deg neg camber on the front as well, transforms the handling!
[/quote]

I guess this is to reduce understeer, yeah? Do you need adjustable top mounts to achieve this?

I spotted something lately about using 'Prodrive settings' when getting alignment done & that it makes a big difference to the handling (but will increase tyre wear).

yeah it improves turn in ie less understeer, not top mounts afaik its just a bolt. i think its fairly handy to do. but you should get four wheel alignment done along with this by somebody who knows what there doing. dont know what the prodrive settings are or if there any good but any aggressive or modified settings will increase tyre wear i would imagine

Max adjustment on the front camber bolts is about 1.5 deg neg!
That will bearly affect tyre wear,
The Toe in/out settings will also affect turn in and tyre wear! ie. more toe in = more responsive turn in, but more wear! that doesn't affect ultimate grip!
Dan

Back