94 Legacy GL wagon

G

greenwagon

It's about time I decided to do something about my old '94 Legacy. It was driving well with around 95k on the clock, but hasn't been used for more than a year (though it has been started), initially  because of a personal accident (I made a rght-good job of breaking my ankle and couldn't drive for several months  :() and then because the MOT/tax/insurance ran out in the meantime (it's "mainland" registered). I was planning on importing it (the VRT would be 320 euros), but was quoted 1500 euros (by an expensive garage) to get it through an NCT (mainly brake-lines and the front chassis cross-member is a bit rusty), and then I needed a car in a hurry so bought my present 00-reg.

I'd like it to go to somebody who could use it, either to put it back on the road or to break for parts, rather than send it to the crusher. If you could do the work yourself it would be a great workhorse (it has AWD and a tow-hook, so good for towing your competition car?), or it would be a good "donor" to keep another car on the road. It seems a terrible shame to scrap it, but I don't need two cars and I'll only have on-road parking at my new house, so is it any use to anybody?

Otherwise, any ideas?

Back