no boost

mick241000

Sunday Drivers
hi just joined here the other day was wondering if u could help me out i own a heavily tuned 94 s.t.i i am finding when i first start the car i cant go past 3000 revs or its start spluttering like crazy i have to drive it a good 15 mins before i can put any power down at all does anyone know what it is i reckon its my air flow metre but said i would ask first before i get one

Welcome to the club.

thats a boost controller stopping turbo from boosting until oil temperature is safe for turbo to spool. Basically, its saving your turbo from blowing itself up. :thumbsup:

[quote author=sligo_dave link=topic=17865.msg218514#msg218514 date=1252506766]
Welcome to the club.

thats a boost controller stopping turbo from boosting until oil temperature is safe for turbo to spool.
[/quote]

Never heard of a boost controller being able to do this. The turbo will boost to what ever the controller is set to not weather the oil is warmed up.

Sounds like a MAF problem to me.

yeah i thought that myself that it was a safety thing myself i would never rag it till its warm like its as if the fuel and air ratio is wrong as far as i know its been mapped by andy forrest has power fc apexi ecu apexi avcr and its only boosting to 0.9 should it not be boosting higher too?????????????

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=17865.msg218521#msg218521 date=1252507307]
[quote author=sligo_dave link=topic=17865.msg218514#msg218514 date=1252506766]
Welcome to the club.

thats a boost controller stopping turbo from boosting until oil temperature is safe for turbo to spool.
[/quote]

Never heard of a boost controller being able to do this. The turbo will boost to what ever the controller is set to not weather the oil is warmed up.

Sounds like a MAF problem to me.
[/quote]
my mistake, thought i read that somewhere before.

i have absolutely no idea mat as i got it for a good price off a garage they took a trade in and only new a little about it so i am kind of in the wilderness here ha ha

i would have thought that if it got mapped it would have bin mapped for a little more boost but thats not to say they didn't leave it standard

yeah i thought myself she should be boosting more like there is a lot done to the engine it has bigger injectors bigger fuel pump front mount the works ya know that way like i am wondering is it on a low setting or something????????????

ill be honest with ya mate i dont even know what a boost controller looks like ha i went from a super charged levin to this without any knowledge of turbo it has a power fc commander a hand held one does that not do it

actually the lad who used to own it was probably a member on this the reg is 94LK4422 he is from finglas u probably know the car or someone from here would

Back