How much will this cost?

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Water temp hit 108 degrees this morning at 4am when it was cold out! Went to change thermostat today and found this. I have had a bad burning smell while stopped at lights or in traffic for a few weeks and now I know what it is..all the grease on the hot exhaust cover.

49gn2gp.jpg

It never rains but it poors. 

This pic is the drivers side. Is it the inner CV boot Im to tell the garage? how much to fix?

Thanks.

make sure you dont leave it but dirt can get in at the CV joint and knacker it..you'd be looking at more like 500 then

CV boots are no big deal. If nothing is seized rotten and you have the right tools it's a fairly straight forward job.

As Dagnut mentioned, the boots are cheap and it'll only be about an hour, hour and a halfs labour you'll be paying.

If it has been like that for a while your CV joint might be damaged too. Get them to have a look at that while they are at it. Do it all in one go and save yourself the money.

luckily it is covered up by the scratch gaurds underneath and with the nice dry weather we have been having it could be rescueable.

Thanks for the help.

Went to Airside Subaru today to get a price on the part.

I asked for a price on the drivers side inner CV boot which I think is what is broken. (Im just guessing thats what its called).

I told them the car was an import and they said they have to email subaru in Japan and see what they say :roll:.

Have to call back tomorrow to see if the boys in Japan replied. I hate when you go to a stealership and they cant help you out there and then.

JUst buy a boot in any motor factors it doesn't have to subaru you can cut it down to size..cable ties will hold it on ..advance fit or fast fit will have them there if you go that route..there pretty much the same on all jap cars

Back