engine for ssangyong rexton

subadude

ISDC Club Member
hi lads

by any chance does anyone here know where there are any ssangyong rextons broken or whereabouts of an engine for one. its the 2.7 engine. as far as i know the engine in the ssangyong rodius is the same . any help would be great as im drawing a blank everywhere .

thanks

gary

they give endless amount of trouble mate unfortunately i work on them and nissans,i think if u buy in a breakers yard the engine u get wont be much better,wats wrong with ur engine????

[quote author=wayne link=topic=17807.msg217875#msg217875 date=1252347495]
they give endless amount of trouble mate unfortunately i work on them and nissans,i think if u buy in a breakers yard the engine u get wont be much better,what's wrong with your engine????
[/quote]

The engine fooked completly , 50,000 km on it ,wife has had it from new , 05 so out of warranty. it seemed to dry itself of oil for no apparent reason , i dipped it about 70 km before it happened and it was full so nobody seems to understand wtf happened :dontknow:

[quote author=sti v6 link=topic=17807.msg217878#msg217878 date=1252347606]
Try this place in ardee...

http://www.ardeecarparts.com

I could be wrong but i thought i seen one of these down there 2 weeks ago.... worth a shot :thumbsup:
[/quote]

tried them but no luck
thanks anyway :thumbsup:

ye they seem to do that,they run low on oil but the oil pressure warning light doesnt come on till he damage is done and by then its too late,just rebuilt an engine on 1 that was a taxi,cost him around 4.5k in total...u mite find it hard to get an engine 4 it but the only thing ill say is try ring sanyoung ireland and tell them ur situation and see if they mite do sum good will gesture 4u,they mite do sumthing if u have a service history with it,worth a try as i know sum people do it with the nissans when they have trouble and nissan will either supply the part and the customer pays the labour r vise versa..hope u get sorted mate :thumbsup:

[quote author=wayne link=topic=17807.msg218344#msg218344 date=1252445215]
ye they seem to do that,they run low on oil but the oil pressure warning light doesnt come on till he damage is done and by then its too late,just rebuilt an engine on 1 that was a taxi,cost him around 4.5k in total...u mite find it hard to get an engine 4 it but the only thing ill say is try ring sanyoung ireland and tell them your situation and see if they mite do sum good will gesture 4u,they mite do sumthing if u have a service history with it,worth a try as i know sum people do it with the nissans when they have trouble and nissan will either supply the part and the customer pays the labour r vise versa..hope u get sorted mate :thumbsup:
[/quote]

ill try that

cheers :thumbsup:

Back