Blue W5W bulbs

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Looking for pure blue as I want to try and change the dash clocks and climate control from green to blue. Said i'd check here befoe i go to egay

Tried this in my old civic and it was actually the clock face that was green
so the blue bulbs made no difference but may be different in subarus :thumbsup:

Its the bulbs in subaru mate alright, at the moment they are standard yellow bulbs with green caps on them so if i could replace them with blue or even blue caps if there is such a thing then i think it would look great :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=17648.msg215845#msg215845 date=1251828128]
Pretty sure it was AndyC who changed his and he got them of ebay cheap enough Rob. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Think "Kanye from the West" changed his also...

dont use that one marks autos i know there cheap but he sent me the wrong ones 3 times i just gave up trying wit him after that

Robbie,

I have 4 bulbs i got off ebay, nearly sure there blue, got them when I was gonna attempt to change the climate control...not gonna bother now, you can have the bulbs if you want mate...no charge. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jonnie

Sound lads, thanks :thumbsup:

Have 2 bulbs gone now and want to try it as I think the green looks absolutely gack :icon_redface:

[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=17648.msg215947#msg215947 date=1251838299]
Robbie,

I have 4 bulbs i got off ebay, nearly sure there blue, got them when I was gonna attempt to change the climate control...not gonna bother now, you can have the bulbs if you want mate...no charge. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jonnie
[/quote]

Sound man jonnie, that'd be great. Hopefully they'll give off enough light to be able to see everything properly. I'll pm you now so i can collect them off you seeing as i'm only down the road :thumbsup:

@sweetcakes-isnt it a legacy you have? If your dash is green im assuming you dont have the "blackout dash" like the later ones. I have two of these dashes at home-one auto-one manual-would make a nice upgrade?

[quote author=dessy gt-b link=topic=17648.msg216112#msg216112 date=1251885934]
@b4 soon
what is a blackout dash any pic's
[/quote]

Its like the dash on newage imprezas & to a certain extent like the defi gauges, I'm looking for a pic now for ya :thumbsup:

Theyre a good bit different on the legacys. Basically you cant really see the dash when the ignition is off due to a heavily tinted plastic screen,then when turn the ignition on the dials light up in sequence,Outer rings-kind of beige colour,then needles-bright red,then all numbers-white. anyway-it looks the sh1t.

Hold your horses, if your gonna change the clocks from the old style to the blackout dials it work work,the wiring loom is different, i sold my blackout clocks to Ianbhp and we tried to fit them but they wouldn't work,they'll connect up alright but they won't light up properly

Back