Smokey Legacy

rustynuts

Sunday Drivers
Lads I have a serious problem

I was bringing the family out for dinner (only to the place not paying)

i went out and started the car and it was very sluggish to start and when it did start

it cut out on idle.......it started it again and it did the same

So on the third attempt i gave it a little rev and it was ok

Then after a few seconds there was smoke coming out of the exhaust

Thought to my self that it might just be cold but i was only from the BBQ about an hour

After driving for a while the temp went up to the red so i pulled over and it went back down to about the middle

took off againand after a few mins it went up to high again so i got it home and checked my oil ,water,coolent

and everything was fine..................just thought id ask ause most boys here are genuises..............plus im driving the mothers YARIS........... :icon_cry:

Thanks in advance

mikey

doesn't sound good when the temp gauge goes to the red . as duffman said sounds like the head gasket could be a sticking thermostat or water pump but unlikely :dont know:

YAY....great news...........................its the head gasket......................and he gave me a rough price of.............€1600..............

:angry1:

A local fella............but he did say that was an estimate from a impreza the did last year but im going to chat to dave later and see what he thinks

Back