liil help tyres

A

aidan

i know i've asked the question before, but times are hard and im finding hard to come up with the funds for good set of tyres, my girlfriend was driving the cartoday for the first time i'll add!!! and it slid out on her frightening the sh*t out of her, prob is 4 different tyres now i can afford a budget set tomo like kumho or this bloke said he has identical set of contentail..... am i waistin money or should i just sort it tomo?????????????????????

i work in a garage and we use kumho all the time as a budget tyre and they are not a bad tyre for normal road use

75 a corner... but 1 off my tyres are kumho so only need 3... 225 euro, another bloke offered me full set for 300 balanced and tracked and i cant remember the name buthe said its identical to contanental!!!

yeah but when you add fittin and balancin and tracking....

go on to www.camskill.co.uk. You will get a good set of tyres for half the cost of ireland. They deliver to your door and someone can stick them on for €50. You will save hundreds on four tyres.

[quote author=Leglover link=topic=17571.msg215248#msg215248 date=1251707376]
go on to www.camskill.co.uk. You will get a good set of tyres for half the cost of ireland. They deliver to your door and someone can stick them on for €50. You will save hundreds on four tyres.
[/quote]

Can't say i agree with you there, unless your buying very expensive tires maybe.
A few tires i checked just now were 105 pounds on it, and 118 euro on eiretire.

I put 2 sets of kumho ecsta sports on my old 120d, and they were better by far than the bridgestone an pirelli's i'd had on it before that.
And at 105 a corner for 225/45 17's balanced an fitted it was a good deal too.

I got them in trim tire centre in meath.

Have federals on mine and they're good enough. Cost me €50 a corner from eiretyres and 60 to get fitted so 260 all in all.

don't skimp on tyres if ya can help it. what size tyres you need? tracking isnt neccessary when you get new tyres fitted is it? fitting and balancing should see you ok. i got my tyres(Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrical) from 105 each delivered from camskill, advanced pitstop wanted 200 per corner!

I got a set of goodyear nct 5s in thorntons for road use and found them brilliant,especially today,50 quid a corner and balanced

yeah got sorted wit tyres, went for the kumho... 75euro a corner balanced and had a place in ballyer track them for me...

i find them fine, happy enough...

road use only, havent been on the track yet...

Back