Is this the correct actuator for my 98 type-r turbo ?

Thanks for that Mark :thumbsup: ....i wont be going for a forge one now! ,my car is boosting 1.3 bar so want something good .....just assumed forge would be good

Actuator spring controls wastegate movement and only controls boost on "BASE" boost ie if the solenoid or MAP fails.

Boost solenoid controls boost by sensing the pressure with MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure). I really doubt that replacing your actuator will fix any boost issue unless your actuator is sticking :dontknow:

If its sticking closed then you'll over boost if its sticking open then 0 boost. Have you tried move the actuator arm to see if its stuck?

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=17547.msg214542#msg214542 date=1251466039]
Actuator spring controls wastegate movement and only controls boost on "BASE" boost ie if the solenoid or MAP fails.

Boost solenoid controls boost by sensing the pressure with MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure). I really doubt that replacing your actuator will fix any boost issue unless your actuator is sticking :dontknow:

If its sticking closed then you'll over boost if its sticking open then 0 boost. Have you tried move the actuator arm to see if its stuck?
[/quote]

there actually isnt a prob with my standard actuator ,i just want to upgrade it because i am fitting a boost control kit which replaces the standard boost control valve ect ......so if i get a good actuator then everything that controls my boost will be upgraged and il never have a prob

Back