wheel allignment

jackswagon

Middle Lane Hogs
hi, can anyone help with this. i left my car in to get wheel allignment done yesterday (laser allignment) and when i left the car was driving straight but the steering wheel was a quarter turn to the left, so went back and they put the car back up and told me problem solved. drove home but noticed as soon as i let the steering wheel go the car would pull worse to the left than when i brought it to the place. (i was in a hurry to get home so cant get back to them till tuesday). question is if all was set up right with the laser allignment then could there be something wrong with my car, and is there any point going back tuesday cause its been up on the ramp twice allready. sorry for rambling on but its really wrecking my head now.

:(thanks

Yes there is every point in going back on tuesday and demanding they do the job u paid for right. How did it for you?

It appear to be off a bit because the roads slant from the middle out to the left for drainage but if it's pulling a lot and needs correction constantly bring it back.

was it townsend street...??

lad there with a R32 skyline...

well he might have changed now of course..

but get him to do it.. intelligence and interest and understanding of cars....

prob with half these places is that to the people involved its just a job and they have no interest in cars...........

I had similar issues with mine, I think the problem is the tolerance on the machine is too big, as in it will be in the green probably between +1'and -1' where it should be 0'0" on all four wheels.I found a guy who will spend a bit of time at it to set four wheells to 0 and it drives perfect since.
If you got a print off what is the total toe?

My car will drive straight all day but the steering wheel is slightly to the left too... My last car ( Toyota Levin ) same thing with wheel slightly to left when driving straight.

same thing here also, drives straight has a arrow, just the wheel is off slightly to the right, its a bit of a distraction thats all

just an update, went back this morning and the guy set the car up for european spec on his machine, improved slightly , then he rotated the front wheels with the back ones and added a load of weights to one. steering is straight but still pulls to the left same as when i brought it in the first time. i was happy to have it back the same way but ill go to advance pitstop when i get my new front tyres

cheers lads :thumbsup:

Back