Subaru legacy GTB How to increase Boost

Re: Home Videos Channels Watch this video in a new window Subaru legacy GTB How t

This lad is from uklegacy..there's been a few debates about this..basically what it does is spooling you turbos parallel rather than sequentail..you boost both turbos together but you have a narrow power band..boost comes in around 3500 and dies off around 6000rpm..I don't know how it effects the fueling but both turbos spool together in the sequential set past 4800rpm so I cant see the boost levels being an issue I would be just worried about the ecu calculating the right air/fuel ratio.

Re: Subaru legacy GTB How to increase Boost

thanks for that advise i tink i will just leave the way it is safer just in case

dessy gt-b i tried this on my GT-B bout 2 year ago to be honest i did'nt really notice any difference only that it didnt feel as quick maybe more to do with not feeling that kick from the second turbo andbeing terrified to hammer it incase i damaged the turbos switched back after few days all was ok.
its probably best left as is if you like some spirited driven now and again
paranoia is a horrible thing
Billy

Saw that a while back too and tried it in mine, did think it felt a bit livlier with it, but that could be just imagination too - without proper rolling road tests or whatever tis just going by feeling. In the end figured it wasn't worth risking an engine for what might have only been imaginary gains :doh:

Anyone know if yer man had proper tests done with it?

Well you gains aren't imaginary, you have both turbos boosting together from lower revs so you would be getting a torque increase lower in the range ..you would definitely feel that..but overall power output would be the same as both turbos spool together at the top of the range anyway.

Back