check engine light

scania

Petrolheads
Lads have a 95 single turbo legacy, When driving for a few miles on the motorway at 120 ish the light comes on. Drop back the speed for a few miles and the goes off again, Water temp and oil are perfect and she is reading about 4 bar for oil pressure

thanks in advance
richie

Hey Richie ,

How are you ? I was talking to Tony today so he filled me in a bit on your troubles.

Im not too sure where to start on that one :dontknow: In my opinion it's a sensor and it could easily be
the O2 sensor . If it where the MAF you'd know because the rev's would hunt up and down at idle.

But what might be a good idea is to drop here in for a diagnostic check over in Denis & Mary Ryans .
It cost's €50 but if there is any faults with sensors it should show up then.

See ya Sunday :thumbsup:

Niall.

Sound naill

Think tony is taking it to adam tomorrow in midleton to see if they can plug it in. Tonys is 92 but has no plug so hopefully mine has :thumbsup:

In my car when the o2 sensor was on the way out the CEL would come on at about 120km too-and same as yours go off again after dropping back a bit.

Can these be bought spurious or does it have to be main dealer?

@ Niall D&M Ryan charged me €204 for a diagnostic

WTF...................im not kidding , I've had 3/4 diagnostic checks out there
over the last 5yrs and always been €50 . :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Anyhow totally forgot about Adam, cuase im sure he's after getting one of those diagnostic check machines

Niall.

Went down to adam to night and he read two codes, maf and the other was 24, cant think of the name off hand, might swop them over off LegyC to see if it helps. thanks anyway for the help lads :clap: :thumbsup:

Back