Civic growing hair

M

Matt

Been driving the girlfriends civic as my car is off the road.
And needless to say ive been driving it a bit harder than she would :tongue:
Anyhow, got home from work last night to find what looked like a 6ft rope coming out the exhaust. Had a closer look and it was like the material you'd make a fancy dress wig out of but it was white and had soot from the exhaust on it. I pulled it and about 15 or 20 feet of it came out the exhaust :ponder2:
Is this anything to worry about or is it just sound deadening out of the back box? Hopefully it might be a bit quicker now :icon_grin:

Yeah think thats what it is Matt. Happened my mates car and it was mental noisy afterwards doe. :wazzup:

Ha. She'll kill me if its mental noisy now :lol:
Ive only been upto the shop in it today so didnt get the revs up but i had a feeling it was getting a bit noisy as the revs were building :thumbsup:

must have been a strange sight driving behind you with a trail of white cloth following you. "poor sheep got mowed down with them there boy racers!!" :new_argue:

[quote author=sligo_dave link=topic=17463.msg213389#msg213389 date=1251222676]
must have been a strange sight driving behind you with a trail of white cloth following you. "poor sheep got mowed down with them there boy racers!!" :new_argue:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would have been fun explaining that to the guards :thumbsup:

@ Padraic, :icon_grin: the thing is it doesnt have a rev counter so its hard to know whats happenin. Im used to drivin the type r or a diesel so they are the only engine sounds i can relate to.
@ Dessy, i still have the stuff i pulled out so ill try take a few pics tomorrow :thumbsup:

No im free from cuts and bruises so far anyway. Im in work at 4:30 in the morning so will get to see if its noisy on the way to work :thumbsup:

Back