Boost problem

marksscooby

Petrolheads
Hi lads

since i put the cat downpipe back for the nct the boost is only going to 0.7 bar max, it passed the nct anyway, but when i put on the decat downpipe the next day the boost stayed the same, i put on a new gasket, what could be wrong, its mapped for 1.35 bar boost and its only going to 0.7bar. :icon_sad:

I checked vacuum hoses and intercooler and it looks okay, dont know whats wrong :dontknow:

does anyone know a good garage in Cork city that would know about these things?

The only thing i changed before nct was the spark plugs would they cause this problem?

Mark

When you got car mapped did Andy Forrest but in a setting for low and high boost that you can change yourself using rear window heater switch

[quote author=The Genie link=topic=17432.msg212973#msg212973 date=1251139846]
When you got car mapped did Andy Forrest but in a setting for low and high boost that you can change yourself using rear window heater switch
[/quote]

No... just one setting, for 1.35 bar boost :thumbsup:

alot of us cork lads get our work done at mark murphy motors, unit 13 st patricks woolen mills, douglas.....0214894839 :thumbsup:

Were you for any reason messing around at vacum pipes at the turbo? and have put them back wrong way around or replaced a bit of piping for a new piece?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=17432.msg213042#msg213042 date=1251147018]
Were you for any reason messing around at vacum pipes at the turbo? and have put them back wrong way around or replaced a bit of piping for a new piece?
[/quote]

No :thumbsup:

on the simtec, Andy mapped in a low boost setting for me, think you turn ignition on put accelerator to floor and hold it there for 10 seconds, snd let it off.. rev counter needle will move to either 1 or up to 2 to show wat map its on.. maybe ask Damo to find out for syre for you, you can switch frm one map to the other

[quote author=KENC link=topic=17432.msg213059#msg213059 date=1251149436]
on the simtec, Andy mapped in a low boost setting for me, think you turn ignition on put accelerator to floor and hold it there for 10 seconds, snd let it off.. rev counter needle will move to either 1 or up to 2 to show what map its on.. maybe ask Damo to find out for syre for you, you can switch frm one map to the other
[/quote]

I tried that now and it went to 2000 rpm but the check engine light flashed a lot is this normal :ponder2: its still only going to 0.7 bar :icon_mad:

Thanks ken :thumbsup:

Would the plug gap make a difference to the boost? the gap of the plugs are at 0.7mm.

When i got the engine build done, i told them to put in ngk 7s, but when i changed the plugs after the map there were ngk 6s in it, so i put in ngk 7s would these affect the map, due to ngk 6s being in it when it was mapped :ponder2:

I'd get onto damo, he might have a record of what was done with the map. :thumbsup:
Has andy been found yet???
(Dont mean anythin sinister by this as it dont look great!)

that means its on map 2, i reckon tats ur problem, do it again, plant throttle and lift straight away and plant it again. think that switches it

did you guy's not get toggle switches fitted for switchin from map 1 to map 2?

all this planting throttle business seems a bit inconvienent :ponder:

not sure about the check light, does the check light keep flashing with only ignition on without being near throttle? my car is in small bitesize pieces in about 7 different sheds at moment so cant check for you :wall:

No have switch for anti lag/ launch control thats all, its handy to do wit accelerator pedal.. just remembering is problem.. idea of pedal over switch is incase you leaving it somewhere to get valetd or work done etc etc, you set her to low boost map and they wont know how to change map rather than flickn a switch. may edit my post giving details

[quote author=KENC link=topic=17432.msg213449#msg213449 date=1251229848]
that means its on map 2, i reckon tats your problem, do it again, plant throttle and lift straight away and plant it again. think that switches it
[/quote]

Andy f only put 1 map setting on it for 1.35 bar, he didnt say anthing about a map 2, i dont know whats wrong :dontknow:

i will try that tomorrow :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=17432.msg213456#msg213456 date=1251230073]
not sure about the check light, does the check light keep flashing with only ignition on without being near throttle? my car is in small bitesize pieces in about 7 different sheds at moment so cant check for you :wall:
[/quote]

its fine when i turn on ignition. The check engine light flashes a few times, only when i have the accelator pedal pressed to the floor and when its on 2000rpm

Mark give Damo a ring , if there's a particular setting for the ECU or particular way to set it im sure he'll know it

Niall.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=17432.msg213449#msg213449 date=1251229848]
that means its on map 2, i reckon tats your problem, do it again, plant throttle and lift straight away and plant it again. think that switches it
[/quote]

I done the throttle thing again today and it went to 1000 rpm, its going perfect again now, back to 1.35 bar :dance:

Thanks Ken, karma for that :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Mark

Back