Ignition on - all the time.

Codders

Member Number 162Full ISDC Members 2015
My car is playing games again :(

It's been running great for a long time. Yesterday I came back home turned the ignition off and went home. Today I noticed my lights were on. so I came to see what is going on.. and the ignition was ON :ponder2: - lights on the dashboard - Apexi hand controller active. so I turned the engine on, then off and the ignition was still ON even with the key removed. I could have switched the lights on, however the wipers or demister werent' working.

Disconnected the battery and reconnected back again.. the same situation. Apexi is being activated, lights came on the dash.. :dontknow:

any ideas guys?

Wouldt have a clue mate.

Id disconnect the battery .

Sure someone will be on soon with a solution

:smokin:

No turbo timer installed in my machine...
I've checked all the cables under the dashboard.. nothing wrong with them.
It might be alarm, but I wasn't activating it recently...

Comes to my mind - maybe some relay got stuck? :ponder2: have no idea :/

Is it possible to replace it without changing the whole ignition barrel (and a key)? :|

I would think so, its only basically a 3 position switch, should be able to get a 2nd hand one, the barrell shouldnt have to be replaced, where you based, you near wexford i will have a luk for you

I'm in Cork KenC, but thanks and fair play to you. :thumbsup:

I'm just wondering is there a way to disconnect the plug from the ignition barrel just to make sure its causing the problem?

there is a plug just down from the back barrel. sounds like the back barrel is sticking, if you dont have a timer on your alarm.

No, no mechanical damage. it's working as usual I can start the engine, the problem is that after I take the key out.. the ignition is still on (but the engine turns off).

i'd definetly be checking out the block at the back of the ignition barrell if you don't have a turbo timer fitted

OK.. so I disconnected all the cables from Ignition barrel... and guess what... dashboard lights still on :wall:

Ran out of ideas... going to drop it to the mechanic tomorrow. :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Back