new turbo

cossiedevil

Octane Boostaholics
well lads can anyone help me here :ponder:.i got my car running today new turbo on its the same as what came off vf 23.before the turbo went boost was always 1.0 new turbo on and boost is 1.5 car is running fine but the smell off the turbo is awful and smoke to is this cause it new it seem to be going away the more i drive it.i checked to make sure the oil pressure is good and lossened the oil feed to the turbo to make sure it was getting oil all is fine. anyone come arcoss this any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

well lads just to let you all no the car is ok :thumbsup:.the new turbo was coated in a chemical to stop it from rusting and this is what was burning off with a awful smell. :subaru:

Hey cosiedevil just saw your post yep
it took about a week or so for that burning smell to
go after i fitted new turbo TD05 Hybrid 16g.

So why is it running 1.5 bar boost did you get her re-mapped ????
or have ya gone mad with a load of mods :D

ya the smell went away the next day :).i put a few mods on it alright. but i sorted the boost prob its spool's up to 1.3 bar then hold's boost between 0.8 1.0 some sensor on it had to be adjusted got my mate to do it as it was starting to get to my head too many late night's on it :shock:. :subaru:

Back