how do i remove the up-pipe from the engine bay?

TommyM

Petrolheads
i am replacing my standard exhaust manifold and up-pipe with an uprated one ,i have the manifold off and downpipe out of the way and all of the bolts out of the up-pipe ,the up-pipe is hanging loose now but iv no space to remove it ,the only way i can see of getting it out of there is removing the turbo and then the pipe will come up from the top??

theres no space to get it out from the bottom because the head and subframe are in the way.

is removing the turbo what iv to do to get out the up-pipe?

[quote author=TommyM link=topic=17388.msg212456#msg212456 date=1251039961]
i am replacing my standard exhaust manifold and up-pipe with an uprated one ,i have the manifold off and downpipe out of the way and all of the bolts out of the up-pipe ,the up-pipe is hanging loose now but iv no space to remove it ,the only way i can see of getting it out of there is removing the turbo and then the pipe will come up from the top??

theres no space to get it out from the bottom because the head and subframe are in the way.

is removing the turbo what iv to do to get out the up-pipe?
[/quote]iv done it a few times no need to remove the turbo just open the engine mount nuts and then jack the engine up take off the manifold and then the uppipe comes down handy

Back