wiring boost gauge.... help

A

aidan

just got myself boost gauge and im looking to wire it up, i've read a bit on this and im sure i can sort out the vacum hose its just the elecs that im not too sure about...

ok diagramme says i hook up to 1, ignition. 2, earth. and 3, display light.

now earth is sorted... i've read i can tap into purple wire going to fog light, is this true???? and i dont know which wire to tap for ignition...

any help lads????????

i wired mine to the cigarette lighter
good earth pont on it
handy enough done- was a bit wary myself when i was doing mine basically just join your live to the other live and away ya go :thumbsup:

ok, i connected to the ignition and earth and the display but gauge is lit up constantly....

this cant be right.. can it?

What i did is wrap ignition and display together as they are both positive, and then wired it too the cigaret lighter positive, and earth too the cig lighter negative, easiest wires too access :thumbsup:

I got all the feeds i needed at the back of the radio. Acc,lights etc. Find them easy enough with a volt meter. :thumbsup:

Not if Cig lighter is permenent live which on some it is, Back of radio is the handy option as your stereo will have permaeant live , ignition live and most will have illumination too. A simple 12 volt test lamp is all you need

I got my power from the back of the radio and the illumination is on the headlights circuit.

i just wired them to the foglight switch so lights up when i put head lights on!!! i have it mounted on the pillar so fog light switch is closest!

lads i have yet anotherr question... the gauge seems to goin fine but the boost limit on gauge is 20psi and it seems to hit the limit... does this sound right????

Yeah but what is your car mapped for mine hit 23 psi but its mapped for it so if yours is mapped for 1.3 bar its ok if its not you got a problem

lads was out today havin a spin and was watching the boost and whan i put the foot doown the needle seemed to bounce of the limiter... beini 20psi...
so could the car be mapped or gauge we out????

Back