Oil pressure Gauge

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
When i had the front of the car jacked up off the ground i noticed that the oil pressure gauge sender is located in the oil sump plug. This cant be right can it? Now it is getting 2kg/cm2 on idle and 6kn/cm2 when driving but cant see how it would be getting a reading? I thought they had to be located on a sandwich plate at the oil filter

HI Terry,

Yeah I believe your right about the normal location for this transducer is a sandwich plate. The sump nut must have been modified to accept the sender. Its a very funny place for it alright as I wouldn't imagine there would be any pressure present at this location to measure as the sump is only a reservoir where the oil is sucked out from.

And here's a checky little plug, if you want a sandwich plate, I have a brand new G-reddy/thrust one for a scooby for sale.

Rgds

Paddy

But the only gauges i have would be volts, boost, Oil Pressure and hmm unless that thirds gauge is a oil temp guage and not a water temp which i thought it was haha.
But where is the pressure gauge reading from as there aint no sandwich plate to hold the sensor :1poke:

Back