SINGLE TURBO LEGACY IS A BIT ILL

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey lads :thumbsup:
have a bit of a problem with my 94' single turbo legacy :icon_cry: she is driving perfect until you floor her and when she gets to around 3 and a half or 4000rpm she splutters and backfires like mad! if you change up she will pull away again until your at that rev and full boost again. tried turning the boost down in case she was over boosting burt no joy, thought it might be a bad plug but a few days ago she drove perfect pulling well at full boost in every gear so if ti was a plug you would imagine she wouldnt have ran good out of the blue like that,
she is runnning tooo good to be something serious, its like an ignition problem? any advice or help will be greatly appricated :pray:

Could be the crank sensor. Had to replace mine in my impreza as it was doing what you describe although it happened above 6k rpm on mine. Have you noticed the rev counter fluctuating when it happens?

@power22b the rev counter seems to be fine? :thumbsup:
@Ciaran, if i bring her up through the revs easy not on full boost its fairly o.k but once you put the shoe down back to square 1 :icon_rolleyes:, was thinking a coil pack alright :wall:

check to see if you have any leaks in the hoses hoses
something similar happened my impreza a few weeks ago and i found a wee pin hole
fixed it and she is the best since

have a few coilpacks to suit your yoke if you want to try and see :thumbsup:

Thanks Lads, is there any way of findiong out which coilpack is in trouble or is it a process of elimenation :icon_sad:
@210bhp legacy where are you located? :ponder2:
@ Dave how much would a new coilpack cost?
:subaru:

[quote author=Ianbhp link=topic=17214.msg211697#msg211697 date=1250790603]
Thanks Lads, is there any way of findiong out which coilpack is in trouble or is it a process of elimenation :icon_sad:
@210bhp legacy where are you located? :ponder2:
[/quote]

sligo/ fermanagh area if its any help
they are 2nd hand
but as dave says new is the way to go!! :smokin:
been there got the t-shirt :thumbsup:

Back