leak in 00 type R

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
HEY LADS,
Looking fo r a bit of help have water coming into the car behind the dash and dropping down on top of he mat over the ecu in a v6 00 sti type R, tried pouring water over it, power washing the car and took door cards off and glove box out but still cant see where its coming from, pure water no coolant im it totally stumped by this :icon_redface: any body have this problem before? or can shed any light on it for me thanks!! :pray:

i had the same problem and it drove me mad after i got mine it leaked down thru the fan on the passenger side it puzzled me for a long time and it was comin in thru the hole tat the black cover clips into on the bottom of the windscreen if tat makes sense 2 u but if not i can give u me number.Is there a damp smell in the car my left hand side carpets used 2 b very wet but ok now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had a similar problem, was coming in through the rubber grommet at the fuel pipes go through the bulkhead. check all the rubber grommets on the passenger side firewall :thumbsup:

[quote author=JPtypeRA link=topic=17206.msg210511#msg210511 date=1250376328]
could be your heater matrix leaking :thumbsup:
[/quote]

That is what I was going to say but doesnt the heater matrix leak coolant and they guy mentions "pure water no coolant"??

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=17206.msg210541#msg210541 date=1250418636]
[quote author=JPtypeRA link=topic=17206.msg210511#msg210511 date=1250376328]
could be your heater matrix leaking :thumbsup:
[/quote]

That is what I was going to say but doesnt the heater matrix leak coolant and they guy mentions "pure water no coolant"??
[/quote]

Spot on Andy :thumbsup:

.thanks for the advice lads must get looking at those grommets and seals, at least i have good weather for finding leaks :wall:

def not the heater changer the rad a few weeks ago so there is the correct mix of collant in it, and the water in the car has no smell, just rain water or ropad water getting in somewhere :wall:

Back