mapping question

GORDON GT SERIES II

Club Treasurer
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
lads quick query for anyone that can help i am buying an full system hks downpipe and a blitz nur spec but havent got the money at the moment to map but the guy im getting it off says it has been mapped already if it has been mapped by say ecutek could i use his ecu as it would have a licence or would it be specific to the car
any help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES 11 link=topic=17185.msg210238#msg210238 date=1250252381]
lads quick query for anyone that can help i am buying an full system hks downpipe and a blitz nur spec but havent got the money at the moment to map but the guy im getting it off says it has been mapped already if it has been mapped by say ecutek could i use his ecu as it would have a licence or would it be specific to the car
any help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:
[/quote]

The ECU would be mapped to his car, his engine, mods etc... Wouldn't be recommended...

Steve.

I wouldnt risk taking his ecu as it is set up for his car and not yours. I have been running HKS exhaust and downpipe for the last while and have had no problems at all. Take it handy and run it on e5 and octane booster

nice one lads appreciate the info ill just run her on booster and e5 if drive non what problems could arise

Back